free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 115 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

Hey everyone, Here are some pictures of my Esprit from tonights classic car meet in Earls Barton Northampton... was great to see a couple of other lovely Esprits too, Robington's black one and Pa

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Colour coded bumpers but black louvres. Respray?

Yes Kevin. It’s been resprayed by a PO. To be honest, yellow isn’t my cup of tea. I’m planning for a color change with correct black bumpers and mirrors soon. 

Ad initium

I find that the colour coded bumpers make the car look longer and wider and somehow detract a little from its essential shape. This is of course a completely subjective and personal view. I do prefer the satin black bumper look and it will also be correct for an 83’ TE. After 4 years of ownership, I’ve pretty much gone through the whole car and I’ve invested a small fortune in parts and countless hours to get her to a good level. It was needed and worth it. The car is in great shape now, drives and sounds great. The upcoming respray will complete that journey. 

Ad initium

On 15/12/2020 at 12:47, Gis said:

At an Esso tie-in photoshoot with some Singapore classic car club members today. The lovely E-type is chassis #1 with the 4.2 litre engine. Nice contrasting colors.

I love that yellow

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I’m shipping my JPS to you Dan, case of beer do it? 😂

Dave happy to do it, I do it all by hand as too scared to use a machine so it takes forever, you need a decent playlist and once it is finished for the night gin, beer then wine. 

The problem with this approach is you wake up with a hangover and the only thing you don’t want to do is polish a car. The offer is there but let me fuck up Sparkles GT3 first 

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Anyone got any tips on how to clean/ polish the windscreen surround? Had a day off today but looks like I am going to have plenty of time on my hands 

• Gold FFM
  • Gold FFM