free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 116 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

Hey everyone, Here are some pictures of my Esprit from tonights classic car meet in Earls Barton Northampton... was great to see a couple of other lovely Esprits too, Robington's black one and Pa

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I got so sticky pads in the office so will pick them up tomorrow, not that it matters as I don’t want to drive it anymore and get it all dirty. 

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
On 30/12/2020 at 00:16, Giniw said:

That reminds me of an old computer game I used to play, Death Track, featuring all kinds of armed and armored sportcars in a demolition race. It included a yellow Esprit, red Countach and blue 911 if memory serves me. I had lots of fun running the races, I think I usually drove the Esprit, even before realizing what it was.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found a few pics of some old lotus dealers - will post now and then, the first is this esprit for sale - at these days would be a good price - so where is this one.. no prizes though. There is also a white M100 behind.

deal21.JPG

14 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Harry's Garage?

Thought I'd get a few more guesses, but this is the Christow Carriage company, that used to be on the Marsh Barton estate in Exeter. Had my excel serviced there a couple of times. The owner owned the scrap yard behind. When they closed  bought a load of their signs etc.

Another pic of the esprit  from inside the showroom. £12995 - a bargain if this was at that price now.

esp1.JPG

• Like 2

And to complete the details here is an advert for it. The white M100 being over £21k

DSCF0195.JPG

• Gold FFM

Great ad. Were not Excel SE nearly £30K new in 1987 (D reg)? What year is the advert? 1992? Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Justin

1 minute ago, jep said:

Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Not as steep a curve as the white HC Turbo Esprit. One minute its advertised at £15950, the next its £12995.

11 minutes ago, jep said:

Great ad. Were not Excel SE nearly £30K new in 1987 (D reg)? What year is the advert? 1992? Excel had a steep depreciation curve but then almost stop depreciating after circa 5 years old.

Justin

Excel SE were around 27k in 1990 ish, the one I bought in 1991 was London lotus' demo from 1990, I paid 20k. Have also found an add from April 1992.

I used to keep the pages from autotrader etc where there were Lotus cars listed. Then several years ago I photo'd them to cut down on paper... What a really interesting thing to do..

DSCF0229.JPG

• Gold FFM

@exeterjeep April 1992 was the month I bought my first Lotus. S1 Esprit, white, 66,000 miles, £5,200 from Loot free ads paper.

Stags ain't done much in values since 1992. I do love a Triumph, Dolly Sprint is a fine wagon.

Justin

5 minutes ago, jep said:

I do love a Triumph, Dolly Sprint is a fine wagon.

The wife and also my mother had a number of Dollies... Saw one the other day and they look quite slim and small. Had reasonable interiors though for the time.

That esprit you bought would have gone up in value quite a bit. Seen restored ones listed for almost 100k.

• Gold FFM

Yep, Dolly Sprint interior is an all-time classic. Very comfy and the one I had was exceptionally well built. 1979 MY. I bought it in 2010 and ran it for 20,000 miles or so.

I loved my S1 Esprit but I am probably not the right owner these days for one. I sold mine to Japan in 1996.

Justin

• Like 1