free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 117 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Photo by Peter Gunnars)

Hey everyone, Here are some pictures of my Esprit from tonights classic car meet in Earls Barton Northampton... was great to see a couple of other lovely Esprits too, Robington's black one and Pa

Posted Images

I bought my first Excel on the day the first Gulf War started - was listening to it on the train to Norwich to NMC. Cost £14k - 1987 SE. Most expensive car I had bought before getting a couple of new Mazdas in 2019.

3 different Esprits at Brands Hatch in 1983, one may have been from B&C  , this was a GP practice day. What a WOW for the black esprit.

scan11red.jpg

A new esprit outside another dealer since closed , looks like a new elite s2 and an éclat s2 as well.

Now who knows which this dealer it was....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, yeller77 said:

Also from FB, nice to know the Dany Special is still out there. :D

That place is at the end of the road from my work. Ive not seen or heard any of those cars.

Makes me wonder why they were respraying it again? Didnt Danny have all that done a couple of years back?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

20 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

A new esprit outside another dealer since closed , looks like a new elite s2 and an éclat s2 as well.

This dealer was Portman, located at Denham in Bucks, not far from the old Denham film studios, between Uxbridge and Rickmansworth. Don't think the dealer lasted very long.  May be they were hoping to get a car in the studios.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

3 different Esprits at Brands Hatch in 1983, one may have been from B&C  , this was a GP practice day. What a WOW for the black esprit.

scan11red.jpg

600 LOT is the plate on the S1 turbo Bobby Bell did in the 70s. Clearly he used the plate on other cars later. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Scott Walker perhaps? Or Andy who know owns Bell and Colvill? He likes a good number plate. I would be surprised if Bobby sold it having clearly transferred it to later cars - unless he already had.

600 LOT is still on a red Lotus according to DVLA. 

Justin 

7 minutes ago, jep said:

Scott Walker perhaps? Or Andy who know owns Bell and Colvill? He likes a good number plate. I would be surprised if Bobby sold it having clearly transferred it to later cars - unless he already had.

600 LOT is still on a red Lotus according to DVLA. 

Justin 

MOT expired March 2011, very low mileage on the history...

Scott likes Esprits.

• Gold FFM

I should print that and put it on the wall in the Workshop. 🙂

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Honte à toi :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

dd0.png

(actually the Esprit is not so dirty but the Elan ... Well it has been my daily for a few months because my real daily needed a little TLC to be MOTted :whistle: — Hehe, Lotus actually came to the rescue of a good old Nissan! I still managed to dodge the salt on the road and almost all the rain as we are more or less locked down anyway ...)

Edited by Giniw
13 hours ago, Bibs said:

Honte à toi

I almost feel guilty Bibs....honest....

• Haha 1

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

• Gold FFM

Mine got her first wash of the year last week. Of course the next day it was raining again... I certainly did enjoy the drives in the sun, feels like spring! She'd been used all through winter, except for the week we actually got some snow. I don't mind the snow, but hate the horrible salt and it just makes more sense to use the Range Rover, never having to worry about being able to drive off and a lot less worries about other people and their (lack of) driving skills.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Looks really great Giz - let's see anymore around Singapore... I hope to get out there again for work when we can travel again... 🙂