free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 36 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

5 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

There have been some reunion events for Bond films at Pinewood where cast and crew assemble. I don't think there has been one for For Your Eyes Only yet, these 2 would make a nice centrepiece. Up for it?

Definitely, as would Hopo I'm sure. Great suggestion. For that you deserve another pic!

IMG_4392.JPG.a94d5084de0eb241c8ada5be6a4

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It had been around the clock, it wasn't a 13,000 mile car!! 

I assume that the Trades Description Act doesn't apply to eBay then...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

It had 82,000 on it when I sold it 5 years ago.............great.....thats so depressing. My beautiful baby. I spent so much on that car and to see it like that actually hurts.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

10 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

I assume that the Trades Description Act doesn't apply to eBay then...

DV aren't known for their integrity. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

A few photos of my '84 US Federal Turbo Esprit around the Charleston, SC area.  A couple of weeks ago I took it on a track touring session, but alas the Pace Car kept the speeds way too slow :-(

The stuff in the trees is called Spanish Moss, very Gone With The Wind, but its really like that around here!

More often than not the car is mistook for a Ferrari or a DeLorean.

Lotus Graffiti 07.JPG

Lotus Kates 1.JPG

Lotus Kates 3.JPG

Lotus Track Touring.JPG

• Like 2

Gordon, your car is absolutely stunning! I live in Raleigh and get down to Charleston a few times a year - next time, I will be on the lookout for it!

Here's a more 'seasonal' pic of my Esprit taken at Goodwood earlier this year...

image.jpg.0829d24a595dd2ff70e496ae42fd41

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

@The Pits  

out curiosity why the different ride heights on the two cars. Monaco so so cool but that bronze really does suit the car, I can't think of another car that would look that good in that colour.

Danny

On 3 November 2015 4:46:05 am, Ekku said:

Here is the picture from the last ride to the winter storage.

I have to make another kind of licence plate holder, because I suppose the one in use now affects cooling too much.

PA300083(1).JPG

Here is one more.

PA300079.JPG

Is it just me, or are the front parker/indicator lights back to front?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

You're just over the border in Henley then Mark? We should have Wilts/Oxford/Berks Esprit meet up one Saturday or Sunday morning. If it ever stops raining that is :(

Does your good lady drive the Mustang? If you bring that along too and I can have a ride in it I might even buy you a bacon buttie...

• Like 1

Yes, South Oxfordshire, so Berks really.  Yes would be good to have a meet up some time.  Very few Esprit's around here.

No, the Wife isn't allowed to touch the Mustang.  The wheels would be curbed within a day.  I doubt she could handle the colossal size and power it has too.  It's not a car for Ladies, just egocentric middle aged men.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I doubt she could handle the colossal size and power it has too.

You might just have a relationship problem there my friend B-)

Ok, I will conjure up some dates and see if Mr Kearley from far flung Worcestershire might be up for it too. Oh and Phumy from that funny sounding place in Zummerzet. Plus some of the Club Lotus Wessex Esprit peeps :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

You might just have a relationship problem there my friend :)

No problem, all is good.  If truth be told, she said it's too big and too noisy, she doesn't want to have anything to do with it.  And I had to buy her something in return, a porch on the front of the house which cost me £16,000!

3 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

No problem, all is good.  If truth be told, she said it's too big and too noisy, she doesn't want to have anything to do with it.  And I had to buy her something in return, a porch on the front of the house which cost me £16,000!

Bloody bargain!

I like a man who compensates for both his addictions and also his afflictions :)

12 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

No, the Wife isn't allowed to touch the Mustang.  The wheels would be curbed within a day.  I doubt she could handle the colossal size and power it has too.  It's not a car for Ladies, just egocentric middle aged men.

Do you feed it Yorkies rather than unleaded then? How many miles per bar?

Yorkie.jpg

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

22 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yes, South Oxfordshire, so Berks really.  Yes would be good to have a meet up some time.  Very few Esprit's around here.

I am in Marlow so would love to meet up any where remotely local, keep me posted if anyone organised gets something together :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phumy said:

A couple of shots of mine after a polish last weekend

Resize.jpg

Resize1.jpg

Resize2.jpg

Resize3.jpg

That's stunning - now feeling somewhat guilty - my lovely is sat in the corner of the garage with a layer of dust covering her. Currently prepping my triumph for paint  #hangingheadinshame.  Must wash her down and cover her up - I'm just a bit concerned with covers and paint etc....... Cue @Bibs:lol:with a plug for the tlf covers 

Needs to be a nice dry day - had mine spinning in first,second and third out of the drive and up the road last week - and straight as a die too......... Don't think I'd fancy that on a roundabout though........ My youngest daughter was impressed though!!

• Like 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Cool!  We'll have to get a date in the diary :).

Your wish is my command sir!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/78577-whobe-wiltshantsoxonberks-esprit-meet/

Mark, you're going to love the venue if I can pull it off...

B-)