free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 37 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks great.  I always love the SE in red.  But while the extra ground clearance in nice, this car would look much sleeker and meaner with at least an inch off the fender/wheel gap.  It's way up there.  Is that stock?

Looks pretty stock to me. I have always thought that my S4 could do with being a touch lower as well. Looks very similar to Steves.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Yea its stock, would definitely look better a touch lower but where I work there are speed bumps the size of small bunkers! Not sure if I'd make it over them if I lowered it!

I like Lotuses with the proper (generous) ride height.

The leaning towards zero ground clearance (along with the inexplicable backlash against amber indicators) is a modern fad that has me baffled.

• Like 2

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

On 22 December 2015 at 08:26, franjipane said:

Yea its stock, would definitely look better a touch lower but where I work there are speed bumps the size of small bunkers! Not sure if I'd make it over them if I lowered it!

I can understand that. There are numerous places around here that I can't get into because, even at stock height, the front hits. Quite a few places I have to pull into and reverse out of at angles to get one wheel on then swing the front in.

Lowered would be even more prohibitive.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

My Esprit (the last silver one on this thread) is now at minimum drive height if you use the Lotus specified figures.

I can not even think to lower it, because as the previous writers has put it, it is now possible to comply with current traffic conditions.

The front end needs constant carefullness in the vicinity of the speed pumps and some entrances from the street are not really accessible even in the standard ride height.

"Older I get, faster I was"

it's a red and white Turbo takeover!

:thumbup:

I am really getting a hankering for a white turbo Esprit. But reupholstered in black leather, can't do red, sorry. So, so dangerous. Is one of them more expensive than an amicable divorce do you think?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

OK, as it's white Turbo Esprit week. A bit more mundane though.

WP_20160101_09_58_18_Pro_zpsnzwrjbqx.jpg

And not a bit of leather in sight.

• Like 1

Can I throw in a Lemon Yellow one just to be different. Pics take in Londonshire during our trip South last year. Currently sitting feeling sad and neglected in the garage waiting for a new rear wheel bearing and to have the engine taken out for new oil seals, belts etc.

IMG_1134.jpg

SAM_0276.jpg

SAM_0278.JPG

IMAG0222.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

OK, as it's white Turbo Esprit week. A bit more mundane though.

WP_20160101_09_58_18_Pro_zpsnzwrjbqx.jpg

And not a bit of leather in sight.

Man, that is one bloody awful looking, tatty, old fashioned and tired...................................Tesco's you have there!

Love the car - just cannot get it past the wife who cannot live with the shape as "too angular and 70's" despite how many times I tell her that's the point - it's a supercar of its time, an enduring classic and an appreciating asset. She just does not get it. I think I need to px her!  :devil:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Magnitude22-294-600x400.jpg

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

IMG_0001.JPG.b2bd1a4e36d645aadff4e8f8c4f

Brooklands New Year's Day Gathering January 1

201601021.JPG.22039e8547ab5951becda0836d

Local mini-Esprit-meet January 2

Good way to start the year!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Visited my brother in Ft Lauderdale, and while out for a stroll, came across this lovely green 1990 SE for sale.

espritse.jpg

• Like 1