free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 38 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Someone seems to have put the steering wheel on the wrong side ?

That's a lovely looking beast - enjoy

pop along to brooklands in May - it's one of the best dates for your calendar !!

See you at Goodwood!

I live just the other side of Chichester so I'm a regular visitor to the breakfast clubs.

Looks absolutely stunning Barrie - what a pair you now have......so to speak ha ha!:huh::thumbup:

more photos please!

Wow that's stunning :wub:

I am very envious !!

16 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Thanks chaps. Mrs Bazza is seriously questioning if/when I'm ever going to get time to drive it...  

One more

_DSC0007.JPG

I can look after it and drive it - if that helps??

Looks great Barrie.Bet Gerald pleased to see it go

Gorgeous Barrie, delighted to see it back on the road at last. Does look amazing in black/gold. No gold stripes aft of the rear wheels though? Are they in the post or do you prefer it like that?

Pete

Yes he was as it's been over a year at his place waiting for him to get started.

Jonny

That's how it was when I bought it. According to lotus it came without any stripes fitted so the ones on it must have been fitted afterwards and whoever did it preferrred it without the 'raised' stripes at the back. Thought about adding them but I'm not sure so will probably live with it for a while and see.

Mark

Being black it photographs well but is not quite mint. It has a few stone chips consistent with its age and 46k miles but I love things like the noise from the original Lotus mild steel exhaust.  

Trev been on the phone yet????

Barrie

Looks lovely and it’s got me yearning for my DS Turbo!

I wondered if it might have been this machine (OMA 318Y) I snapped in the mid-80s (above) and early 90s (below - Stoneleigh) but DVLA shows it still on that plate and SORN since March. Anyone know its whereabouts?

turbo-esprit-oma318y-Dedworth-80s_zpscnw

turbo-esprit-oma318y-stoneleigh-90s_zpsz

Also, could yours be this one that was displayed at a London motor show in early 80s (can’t tell the colour of your trim from the pics)?

black-turbo-early80s_zps2tupwfn3.jpg

I’m intrigued by the Lotus info on the stripes. Don’t recall ever seeing an early 80s non-Essex without the stripes.

Jack

No not one of those. It was taken off the road in1993 and because of that it was never SORN'd (SORN didn't exist then apparently). The private plate was put on by the last but one owner in c1988 and prior to that wore a registration plate ending X. The car was supplied new to some chap (who likes black) who was semi famous in a band (I've never heard of them) in Scotland. 

Interior is full black leather.

_DSC0012.JPG