free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 49 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

The only bummer of the trip was the hotel in La Rochelle. There aren't many hotels with secure private parking - I'm never, ever leaving my car out on a public street overnight - the one we stayed at had spaces under bloody trees, AAAARGH!!! Three nights of dripping sap, leaves, petals, bird poo (I even saw a cat p*ssing on my front valance :angry: ) later and the car was a right mess.

DSC_0181.JPG

Yep, French jetwashes are ace!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Simply stunning!! :thumbsup:

Interesting to see that both the indicator and windscreen wiper stalks are upside down and therefore must have been reversed. Has the owner got frustrated with having the indicators on the right side of the wheel and thought of a crafty way round it? Interesting..........B-)

• Like 1

Lovely! Has the car had minimal use or had an interior retrim?

• Like 1

On 11/07/2016 at 12:58, stephenwhyte said:

Interesting to see that both the indicator and windscreen wiper stalks are upside down and therefore must have been reversed. Has the owner got frustrated with having the indicators on the right side of the wheel and thought of a crafty way round it? Interesting..........B-)

Also, isn't the steering wheel 180 degrees out as well? The Lotus horn push looks that way too. Wheels are straight ahead. Perhaps that has to be done to get them to work with self cancelling or something..? Hah, it helps with seeing the instruments as well I guess!

1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Also, isn't the steering wheel 180 degrees out as well? The Lotus horn push looks that way too. Wheels are straight ahead. Perhaps that has to be done to get them to work with self cancelling or something..? Hah, it helps with seeing the instruments as well I guess!

Steering wheel is correct it's just the stalks that are on upside down as a result of being on different sides from what Lotus intended. Would love to know the reason. I reckon he's got sick of cleaning the windows when he's trying to tell people he's turning left or right:blush:

On 11/07/2016 at 13:58, stephenwhyte said:

Simply stunning!! :thumbsup:

Very interesting indeed. I did exactly the same on my RHD Esprit, only in the opposite way. I found it annoying to have to use the same hand for shifting and indicating, but on the RHD SE the indicators are on the left, as in a LHD car. Although I'm used to LHD cars, I found the layout in our old Triumph more logical, with the indicators on the outside (right side on RHD). So I swapped the stalks, which is very easy to do, only a few screws, the wiring can remain and the self-canceling still works (most of the time). But you are left with the labels upside down. I didn't know older Esprits also had this configuration. Maybe I should propose a swap? :-)

Filip

He told me the car received a full restoration a few years ago, he had purchased it and it was in a "sorry" state. Very friendly chap, car was the tidiest looking G Car I have ever seen. Paintwork was stunning.

Before and after photos of Steve's fantastic Essex (004) were recently posted on another thread.

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Before and after photos of Steve's fantastic Essex (004) were recently posted on another thread.

Got the link Barrie, as I haven't seen that thread?

4 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Thanks Barrie - yeah I remember that thread now. Was hoping there was maybe a restoration thread detailing the work completed 

I'm sure Steve will be along soon to give details but as I recall there was a full review of the restoration in a Club Lotus magazine a few years back.

• Like 1

Kidnapping again? You've been warned about this before! 

• Like 1