free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 54 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice pics!

I remember that car being on ebay about 7 years ago. Looked a nice car then and does now too. I think the owner was a member here too.

Buddsy

Looks picture perfect - great buy!!!!:thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Nice pics!

I remember that car being on ebay about 7 years ago. Looked a nice car then and does now too. I think the owner was a member here too.

Buddsy

Yer I found a thread on the forum recently relating to the car about 7 or 8 years ago, but I forget the forum name of the guy that owned it. It's had a couple of owners since, and been very well cared for, it came with a folder of history including a ridiculous spend in 2011 at Allon Whites for just over 25k and since then it only did about 300 miles! (until I got it!)

6 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Be still my heart! Gorgeous!

Cheers :) ... just been looking at some photos of yours too, love the early compomotive wheels! Is yours back on the road yet?

Thanks to the early Compomotive wheels, no! It is driveable on my spare set but waiting for the wheels to be put right after being ruined by the refurbers!

Think there should be an OCD thread on here, Obsessive Compomotive Disorder. Probably double the thread up with Tourette's as that will be a natural development.

Trevor.

• Like 2

Just looking through some pictures and found a pic of my Turbo in the paint shop "naked" without any of the big graphics. Also without the waist trim. 

Have to say the all-white S1-ish look is not at all bad.

DSCN8872.jpg

• Like 2

Andy that looks like a very cool bodyshop, lots of racing body parts, I think the black waist line band and the stripes and turbo badges break the car up well, the turbo looks a bit of a chunky monkey imo without the decals etc as the lower turbo sills stand out to much.

• Like 2

Prefer the original.... as Lotus intended look - surprised you never changed the mirrors back to black too. Looks lovely now thoughB-) 

The mirrors were my one "Its my car so I do what I want" choice. It was nostalgia really, the Turbo I owned from 1984-92 was white with Essex stripes and white mirrors from the factory. I reckoned they would be dead easy to put back to black if desired.

Bodyshop was Surface and Design who I can thoroughly recommend. They only do fibreglass so they know exactly what they are doing.

Not a pretty picture, and i will not show you what body went on this chassis as people would cry, I just goes to show how prices have changed on the esprit, dated 2007 and purchased by someone off ebay for the grand sum of  28 pounds back then :o  You would not even get a S2 petrol cap for that now let alone a full S2 rolling chassis on speedlines alloy wheels. :blush:esprit_chassis.jpg

• Like 1

A member of these forums was doing an F40 replica on an esprit s3 chassis a few years back, probably one of the best fiberglass dimension wise i have seen, he has not posted in a while though so not sure if it ever came near completion though :(

On 10/09/2016 at 09:30, Andyww said:

Have to say the all-white S1-ish look is not at all bad.

14311480_826876864116018_2964391825774231211_o.jpg

Agree wholeheartedly. I spotted this white turbo on a re-run of 5th gear, fleeting across the screen for a second or two at a Swedish racetrack (yes I know the car is Norwegian!)

• Like 1

Sad Sad day...

Last run for the Esprit today... stabil in and a little ride in the mountains to mix it well:blush:.

I will keep the other one on the road for october though... just in case.

Just cleaning it and polishing it before the cover goes on is an event in itself... the car being black.

WP_20160913_001.jpg

• Like 1