free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 68 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Looking good - great motivation for Fabian right there. Looks bare without the ski-racks though

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks everyone. It came on the standard one piece BBS's Alan. I bought the 4 stud hubs from Mike at Lotusbits.

• Like 2

I don't think you need skis Jo. Keep it stock :D

• Like 1

Awesome Jo, can't wait to see the thread!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Final Edition said:

Thanks everyone. It came on the standard one piece BBS's Alan. I bought the 4 stud hubs from Mike at Lotusbits.

You did again a great job!

nice that you find another set of Comp. wheels they are hard to get! this thing looks great, it only must have a Full Leather interior then the car really was done!

Absolutely stunning Jo. Would look damn good in my garage! ?

Did you fit the shorter rear suspension arms too?

Who did the paint for you, looks fantastic. Also, which paintcode did you use, there seem to be a few different shades out there all claiming to be Copper Fire.

Congratulations though, great to have another Copper Turbo on Comps out there. They are in very short supply.

:thumbup:

Jo that looks lovely mate, does that mean you got a spare set of BBS? I might be interested if so as I would like a spare set to put modern tyres on and keep the Goodyears for show

cheers

Danny 

Fantastic looking car Jo :)

Really looking forward to your build thread on this car. !

Looks superb Jo. I'll have to bring mine down again. Is this Sweatow car with Comps added? I think he was selling a while ago. 

Thanks Jo,

I'm surprised it looks that good on the longer suspension arms, I thought the wheels would stick out more, but I can't fault the way the car looks! 

I'm sure you're right about Copper Fire being a different shade every time. Hopo's is the only one I've seen still with its original paint, even allowing for some natural fading over time it's much more coppery than the colour Lotus paint these days which is richer and more red. It's also very light sensitive too which doesn't help, no two photos of the same car look alike either! By the look of the Bond photos shot on set the original was indeed more copper like a new penny none of the more recent efforts are quite like this. I think it's one of those colours that if you did it exactly as it was in 1981 many would say they didn't like it! Bond's definitely looked the best against the snow. Hard to say from the pics but it looks like yours is closer to the original tone than most I've seen.

Thanks for the colour codes, I'm visiting the factory next week and will ask which codes they use currently. Be interesting to see what they come back with.

More pics when you get the chance Jo, I'll never tire of looking at pics of CF Turbos. Trust me, I've tried!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 7-7-2017 at 11:29, Dan E said:

Jo that looks lovely mate, does that mean you got a spare set of BBS? I might be interested if so as I would like a spare set to put modern tyres on and keep the Goodyears for show

cheers

Danny 

i have a spare set of BBS wheels for sale, just send me a PM

Looks tidy but would be even better with black bumpers & mirrorsB-)

• Like 1

Looks like the second digit is an "8", Kevin.  

As you know, I think your car is absolutely stunning, and photographs really don't do the colour justice.

I have no idea who these guys are, are they famous ?  As the only famous thing i can spot in that picture is the Lotus esprit V8 :P

I had better drive it a bit more carefully then Dave. 

The price to drive your best man to his wedding has just gone up!

• Like 2