free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 70 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Car looks lovely Ian, probably time for a respray?

Trevor.

• Haha 2

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Given the fact that these wheels are becoming rare now,  i am suprised these have not been snapped up. !

A

Thanks for the tips guys. But I've spoken to the gentlemen below (Hotwheels Rims & Tyres PLC) and they'll help me acquire the rims off a certain S4s for a small fee!

On a more serious note I'm actually biding my time with Futuras. There is a certain member on here who has a mint set just lying around but is not yet parting with them. So I'm playing the waiting game for now. 

image.png

• Haha 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '91 Elan SE | '97 XK8

2 minutes ago, purso said:

Hahaha what's the guy on the right gonna do? 

He's actually just a living tyre rack. He holds the wares once they've been separated from the car. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, obione said:

I got involved in a photoshoot a few days ago at a local vineyard, here are a couple of shots from the day....

Keeping the rest of them to yourself? :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I'm sure he will scan them in once he has wiped them clean :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Vanya, 

Waiting out for someone to sell a mint set that they have stored is not a wise idea. what happens if they never decide to sell lol  :P  

The ones on ebay are probably very straight wheels and looks like they have probably been  removed due to the crap look they gave due to the laquer peel and corrosion setting in rather than kirbed or bent wheels.  

Buy them, refurb them and it will probably work out a lot cheaper than what you will pay for that set lying around, that may never happen, also if the owner does decide to sell, they will probably be more expensive in the future as they will of become even more rare by that time. 

A

9 hours ago, Bibs said:

Keeping the rest of them to yourself? :lol:

You are spot on Bibs, I have 300+ pictures that I cannot post up. However, for a small consideration....

• Haha 1

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

9 hours ago, Vanya said:

Thanks for the tips guys. But I've spoken to the gentlemen below (Hotwheels Rims & Tyres PLC) and they'll help me acquire the rims off a certain S4s for a small fee!

On a more serious note I'm actually biding my time with Futuras. There is a certain member on here who has a mint set just lying around but is not yet parting with them. So I'm playing the waiting game for now. 

image.png

This is Margate, so you're gonna have to do better than that lot of pansies!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Guys, there's something that one needs to know. These advertised Wheels have the correct diameter front and rear, and the correct Width front and rear.

17*8,5 front and 18*10 rear.

But the ET is a bit different. On genuine S4s or V8 Wheels afaik, the ET is 19 front and 17 rear, so the brakes won't hit the spokes on the Wheels. That is why Nova's needs modding if they are to be run with brake upgrades. That's what it says on mine which were off a S4s. I don't even know if these front Wheels can pass the standard mini brakes on a say SE or early S4? I mean with ET30.

These Wheels are ET 17 rear and ET30 front. that is a bit odd as the fronts will sit very "in" the wheelarches. Unless there's something I have misunderstood.

Maybe someone on here could enlighten us on the matter? It would be a pity buying these and possibly cannot fit them if the ET is possibly all wrong. (?).

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

And here comes the answer from sleekgt over on the other forum:

"I have the USA S4s 17" Futuras.
7*17 ET 23.3 front and 8,5*17 ET 30 rear (looking familiar now?).

That set you see for sale with 8,5*17 ET30 'front' - that is the REAR wheel for a USA S4s bundled with the REAR non-US S4s and Esprit V8 REAR wheel.

Your set is a proper Esprit V8/non-US S4s wheel set. "

So, it seems this set id a mixture of two rear sets. One for the eurov8/s4s and one for the us S4s.

While it's cheap enough, it's not so interesting really as I cannot put them on my car.

Hope this is to any help for those looking for a complete set for their car.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

For clarification, the set on ebay is now changed to be the correct ET for both front and rear, and as such should fit the Stevens Esprits, while being a V8 set ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques.

An s4 ???

Only here once

9 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

I'm completely confused now Vanya. What do they fit?

I have no idea what we're talking about. I don't know that much about rims. The UK Futura set (for refurbishment) appeared to be standard fitment for a V8.

The USA S4s, as far as I know, and based on the picture of one hanging on the wall of my man cave, came with 17" S4 wheels without wheel arch extensions and a bunch of other stuff that differed from the Euro-spec cars. 

But I could be wrong. Anyways I'm steering clear of any refurb Futuras due to extremely expensive refurbishing costs in Sweden and the risks associated with disassembling this particular set (IIRC OZ issued a warning about this, I think it's somewhere on this forum). 

Of course, as they want to earn Money. It's not for everyone to dissasemble those Wheels. Youd need to know a Little bit, but it's not rocket science. and one may leave it to a pro if in doubt. Btw. I know  pro guy who only does this for a living and he may even give a certificate that they are in good condition and corrected and done to the standard. He is probably less expensive than what Vanya says? His Company is one of two in Denmark, who does this Work.

Anyway, I have done this many times on OZ and BBS RS Wheels. No problems ever. In fact it's better to have them corrected and renovated, than driving around on old sealings and bolts that took a hit many times, or outer lips that have structural damages and only ppolished up. Sometimes one can have them xrayed.

So, these Wheels were advertised as V8 Futura Modulars, but the specs listed were for a rear set V8 and a rear set US S4s (smaller).

I told this to the guy, and he removed a bit of the powdercoating, and indeed they were not mixed up Wheels anyway, so they are the correct V8/S4s Euro Wheels.

Just to clear it up.

Kind regards,

Jacques.