free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 71 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Car looks stunning Ian,  Well done after the all the hard work on this even if most of it is hidden except for the interior,  Think a nice shopping trip out or meal is in order for your Mrs for not only sorting the photo shoot but polishing the the car to boot,  top lass :)

A

Looks gorgeous! :animier:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Really like the way they pay homage to the Lotus god Chapman with the large banner :)

p3.jpg.5dc7579d4c3d408034c3ed398a099845.jpg

Also this conversion was discussed years ago, but nobody ever managed it,  looks like German fellow did it,  have never seen the attraction myself on gull wing doors other than old lambos and the delorean obviously 

ScissorDoorEsprit.jpg.d39b5edc144d50dc4be429d0f5143849.jpg

• Like 1

A

That Stevens JPS looks great! Even though it's not original... And as you say, a great tribute with the banner! :thumbsup:

I must admit a kinda like the scissor doors. They would make getting in and out easier in narrow spaces (unlike true gullwing doors), but must come with a considerable weight penalty.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Nice Esprit.

Pathetic music. No, delete that. That's not even music, it's a mentally ill person having had the opportunity to stuff his sick mind into a microphone.

Just because someone have the possibility to record his or her socalled "musical" ideas and lyrics, doesn't make them great artists nor make the "sounds" music.

As for the smoking: I find it very bad to promote smoking to Young people. Smoking is costing thousands of peoples lives every year. I burried my own farther last year because of life long addiction to smoking.

Yes, taste can be argued. Yes, there is something such as good taste and bad taste.

Crap.

Nice Esprit.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Totally Agree Mark.   I have no idea why they never did it,   Such a shame as they did so many other steven esprits limited runs such as the brooklands epsrit and the commerative models etc.   A lot of schemes would of worked on the stevens model,  I think the only one i could never see working would be the Gold leaf scheme as the esprit shape does not take well to white and red two tone schemes imo.  

These pics are off the net from the game called forza.   

Hs8OSXd.thumb.jpg.35d38d0b359a4dd5f4f5ae9bde0d1500.jpghup3vAS.thumb.jpg.5a53ade03474baf6c0424d8a2be99fa6.jpg

• Like 1

A

Agree Alan,  it is well balanced regarding decals and is just about right,  like you say though the wheels kill the desired outcome :(  The five spoke alloy of that American v8 that Steve posted at the top of the page would of worked a treat on this car imo.:)

• Like 1

A

Dare I say it, looks better without the decals! Lovely.

• Like 1

I have the build sheet from the factory and handwritten on it is "no decals"  - it was originally a Lotus director's car.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I'm normally one for decals and the like but that's pure!

25 minutes ago, Lotusfab said:

Race you! 

OK!

20170820_105443[1].jpg

• Haha 1

Errrr, no it doesn't feel right, just need to do a few adjustments like get a v8 in there! 

• Like 1

Got to love the classic dancing donkeys,  lovely looking cars, just not sure what happened to the later designs,  the F40 and testerossa designs had been gorgeous creations, but everything since up until the 458 had lacked the looks  imo 

• Like 2

A