free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 78 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Georges,

I think you are right . This must be the same car. Only  88 made and who knows how much of them in white and that interior looks exactly the same. Very nice. A bit strange that a french car was reupholstered in poland ? Although, from the pictures and movie it seems a good job.

Geert

Judging the Picture of the crew above, it appears to me, that apart from the demise of the cars in the show, there's not much difference between the average potholed road here in Denmark, the amount of splashed dirt on to the car on an average Danish Summer day, and the look of the road and the Esprit in the Picture from Argentina. The only difference here is that in Argentina, there's a nice blue sky.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

9 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Stunning looking S2.2!

I almost bought a mint S2.2 in 2001 for £5k, but couldn’t fit in the bloody thing :(

I 'm 6ft ( 1,83m) and I fit cosy. It is a tailored suit. (very James Bond like). But I do have the two spoke momo steering wheel ( same as in the essex turbo esprit) and not the (may I say it )ugly S1, S2 steering wheel. That momo wheel is a bit smaller, so better for legroom around the knees.

I don't know if my S2.2 was originally delivered with the momo. Could be, since the essex were also 1980 cars as is my S2.2.

Edited by gvy

3 minutes ago, gvy said:

I 'm 6ft ( 1,83m) and I fit cosy. It is a tailored suit. (very James Bond like). But I do have the two spoke momo steering wheel

A momo wouldn’t make much difference for me.  I’m 6ft 5 and my head doesn’t fit in the car.

7 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

A momo wouldn’t make much difference for me.  I’m 6ft 5 and my head doesn’t fit in the car.

I can see that. That would be " Jaws " trying to drive Bonds  esprit . ( Sorry for the comparison B-)) Now Jaws is over 7ft2

Edited by gvy

Sad to see this SImon, must be a wrench after all this time. Is it just a case of been there/done that?

Must admit to swinging between selling/keeping my GT3 due to lack of use, but can't imagine life without it after 15 years?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Bought the car back in 2002 (Torquay, Devon), been driving pretty much every week since then.  I think I'm getting old and want to try something a little more unreliable and Italian before I kark it.   ;-)

Time for someone else to have some fun.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

A Maserati Merak SS?

Hmmmmmm....

1986 Esprit HCI (Bosch-injected)

You're all very close.  I'm going very bland and vanilla with my choice, cos I now have a beige jacket, which will go well with the bog standard 360 with tan interior.  :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017