free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 82 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 04:48, Dan E said:

00089879-C94C-4055-AB32-68BB209EF838.thumb.jpeg.367c62e26b9cd54a96b18c476ae5ad58.jpegWa

Washed, locked and loaded. 

You finally got an M100 then Dan ? 

A

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

@Buddsy it looks like your binnacle is black, not light coloured to match the rest of your interior. Is that original? Don't think I've seen that before in a G car.

Mine is original and I think it was done for the cars post 85 to stop reflection in the window screen. Binnacle and trim that runs along the inside bottom of the screen.

IMG_0362.JPG

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

19 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Was Ermintrude original too? 

Yep...always carried that little guy since my little ole MG midget ;-)

buddsy

• Like 1

My reaction to people at work who come to my desk and start with 'erm' is always to say 'yes, Ermintrude?' Generally I just get a blank look...😐

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

3 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

My reaction to people at work who come to my desk and start with 'erm' is always to say 'yes, Ermintrude?' Generally I just get a blank look...😐

I always liked "yes said Brian, with a snailey grin" :-)

budddsy

11 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Mine is original and I think it was done for the cars post 85 to stop reflection in the window screen. Binnacle and trim that runs along the inside bottom of the screen.

IMG_0362.JPG

buddsy

Strange one Buddsy,  My post 85 S3 always had the dash all the same colour, 

To be honest I was always under the impression it was the Stevens cars that had this, maybe it waseems very late on in the G car production ? 

A

My old Turbo was the same 

9BBD1E33-24C2-490B-A23F-2B81854C9B2B.jpeg

The part next to the gear lever is not the same. And there is no Ermintrude either! (love the colour scheme)

I've got a black binnacle on my Excel - with a red/grey 1/2 leather - again, to decrease screen reflection. So this is across models and not just the light colour interior - although mine is an 89 model, andmay have inherited this from the Stephens cars.

9 hours ago, Giniw said:

The part next to the gear lever is not the same. And there is no Ermintrude either! (love the colour scheme)

Part next to gear lever not the same? If you mean where the choke is.....on the later models it was moved under the binnacle - you can just see it in my pic. The black binnacle which is the same. Could be a magnolia specific thing on later Giugiaro Esprits as I don’t think I’ve seen a black binnacle with tan - I’m sure they used back because it reflected less in the glass

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

If you mean where the choke is.....on the later models it was moved under the binnacle - you can just see it in my pic

I never knew that :) wonder why they moved it. Seems a better position in  the earlier location.

Cheers for posting have not seen the photo of the plaster/clay model before.

Theyou kept so much from the concept car that finally went into the production car which was great.

Just wish they had kept the rear clamshell and the extremely low front screen rake/angle but it was not doable sadly :(

A

you can see the plaster model has many flaws like the sandwich line is not correct. Nor it has a spoiler on the back and front. And I don't like the front design.

I do like the work space.

giugiaro1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

At last. Taxed and new MOT and on the road for the first time in Christ knows how many years. 12 months undergoing full mechanical rebuild and a frightening cost. The new wheels are looking good to. Well done Tim for sticking with it. Now get some gentle miles on her.

36355982_2159744480707750_1159370483901136896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bb23be6a4cb174c4d0952a316b945e9b&oe=5BE3E9BB

Thanks bud, it’s almost broke me financially and mentally but driving her up the road made it worth while, a week to get some miles on her before her first outing at Glamis can’t wait 😊 

• Like 1

IMG_2018.JPG