free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 87 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Yep, S2. Doesn't look right with the louvres though.

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Word is this'll go live on Monday :)

[I can read]

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 22.56.27.png

• Like 2

1690642342_ForumSig200x25TLF.jpg.9e2d1cb238793de9f89fb9465f4722ca.jpg

Saw this this morning, it was nice to wake up to :)

I'd rather see an absolutely concours car on Jay Leno's Garage but this one did look pretty cool... Seems a bit too low for me but I bet it goes well (the electric engine cover is pretty trick too!)

Just finished watching. Cool how they've given it '70's pin striping, it looks every bit the '70's custom even with the '80's bumpers and '90's door handles. The linear actuator for the headlights is clever and I'll bet lighter than even a single motor. Overall a positive review from Leno despite his biases but I suppose he's not the type to bring on a car he doesn't like. 

1690642342_ForumSig200x25TLF.jpg.9e2d1cb238793de9f89fb9465f4722ca.jpg

I was surprised JL acted like he'd never seen an Esprit before. Surely he must have been close up to one before?

Not too found of most of the mods either, and a shame it doesn't get driven more. I'm sure it's a good showcase for their business, but it should be used and enjoyed as well.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Great pictures and looked like a great hoon,  Cant believe how low the dancing doney is,  have never seen one up close,  I always thought the Eprit was a bums on tarmac drive but the Fezza must be like a proper go cart lol. 

Essex still rules the crowd though,  and again fantastic job on the resto, glad to see it getting out on the roads :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

A

Optical illusion then lol,  The picture before made it look so much lower,  the S2 looks fantastic and looks like it has had a  full restoration ?   very tight shut lines around the bonnet and pods ?

• Thanks 1

A

Thank you Dan !

1 hour ago, silverfrost said:

the S2 looks fantastic and looks like it has had a  full restoration ?   very tight shut lines around the bonnet and pods ?

Nope, 40 year old original nitrocellulose paint and two coats of wax :).  Although, to be honest, mechanically it has had quite extensive TLC and the interior has had a full restoration / retrim.

The shutlines are also original but look super tight from various angles.

• Like 2

Thank you, I really appreciate the positive comments :unworthy: . The colour is Midnight Blue actually.

Edited by frb
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I DETEST washing cars; today was doubly painful.

Can't you get a nice Polish gentleman to do it for you?*

*Other nationalities of vehicle cleanliness operatives are available

• Haha 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)