free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 89 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

On 23/10/2018 at 08:56, Lotusfab said:

This is what It should look like....IMG_5399.thumb.PNG.30fe3ae137a0b9e671d5f1b88b4983da.PNG

Yess with the ash tray in the middle console! love it!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That’s gorgeous! looks like the photos were late ‘80’s maybe.

I love the wheels, do you remember what they were, and the size?

Hey GTK,

They are "Gotti" wheels who is out of business.  As I recall they were 15 ins; don't remember the offsets.

Roy

ps.  I used to live in Glyfada - Miss Greece!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

My S2... Sold it to a drug dealer in Miami who paid me in cash in a Disney bag at a grocery store parking lot at midnight...  :)

Yeah this seems like fitting Esprit backstory 😎😂

Fantastic story Roy ,  Cheers for posting,, love the idea of been payed in lotus cars lol,  but well understand your situation at the time regarding cash flow lol.  

So many great stories based around these custyom build super cars, just adds to more love to the brand for me :thumbup:

Very much like the look of those old three peice rims on your yellow S1 Also,  I am sure it is sitting back on standard rims now with the turbo louvres removed also maybe :)

https://youtu.be/oePy8iINqwA

Never seen this one before,  But it is a BBC old doc,  so may have been posted at some point,   contains some excellent back ground footage of the great Mr Chapman and the 78 grand prix seasons,  footage from the stables workshop and some great footage of the lotus team at the home workshops,   

Ford v8 F1 engines built in Sweden,  at 15,000 a pop !   Dread to think how much an F1 engine costs to build these days lol.

Enjoy,   :)

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 17:56, Lotusfab said:

This is what It should look like....IMG_5399.thumb.PNG.30fe3ae137a0b9e671d5f1b88b4983da.PNG

But there's a wire hanging out of the glovebox. :getmecoat: 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I know. The glass is always half empty.

16 hours ago, silverfrost said:

https://youtu.be/oePy8iINqwA

Never seen this one before,  But it is a BBC old doc,  so may have been posted at some point,   contains some excellent back ground footage of the great Mr Chapman and the 78 grand prix seasons,  footage from the stables workshop and some great footage of the lotus team at the home workshops,   

Ford v8 F1 engines built in Sweden,  at 15,000 a pop !   Dread to think how much an F1 engine costs to build these days lol.

Enjoy,   :)

Enjoyed that, thanks. Good vid after that one if you let it run  about F1 Liveries starting with Team Lotus. 

chipp

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

I hate purists! 😀😀😀

No wires here! IMG_1889.JPG.4e88f74cc19694351e2720645cda418e.JPG

Sorry about the Coke bottle!

i didn't see the Coke bottle initially as it was covered by all the other gumpff in the boot space. :P 

And far be it from me to tell you that your lovely looking engine bay (and it is lovely looking) does in fact need wires to function properly.

You have to love TLF where everybody does their best to help. :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

IMG_1887.JPG.0778437a446dfc68ff9cdbbdbac690f6.JPGSorry about the Coke bottle!

Forget about the Coke bottle, you're going down for parking crimes.

• Haha 1

They never catch me in the S1! I have special accessories fitted!😀😀😀😀😀IMG_5420.thumb.PNG.379466266a46f9eaa81242d8646fa9dc.PNG

• Like 2

Should have posted this here, wasn't thinking and put it in the Lotus Related Pictures thread...

They're from an F50 supposedly?

F50.png

• Like 1

Great find George.

Most modifications look bloody tragic but I have to say, for my 5 cents, that really works.