free hit
counters
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 97 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
48 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Had a bit of company yesterday :whistle:

cars.jpg?i=1489167910

I bet that was the only place the Aston was in front of you lol ..

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 14/07/2019 at 21:09, Lotusfab said:

Supercar  Sunday at Brooklands today. Two Esprits invited into the paddock! Unheard of - at last recognition for a very under rated cars!IMG_7589.thumb.PNG.949c38186ca6a31b6b1376a90d323cce.PNGIMG_7591.thumb.PNG.969a186f753c65c4c8f166c9e5e3d32e.PNG

Hi Fabian,

You might find this interesting. It's an approved supercar list from the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed.  The Esprit and Evora S are included but it's some of  the Porsche models such as the 928 that are excluded which is surprising.

Brendan

2013-fos-approved-supercar-list-final.pdf

• Like 2

Hi Brendan,

That's very interesting and very surprising, thanks for the info! 

Yes, it’s also got images in The National Motoring Archive so it’s been well documented and is also just as fresh as when it left Hethel all those years ago. I look a lot younger behind the wheel in the Jeremy Walton book!
By the way, the car was photographed at the old Croydon airport for the Jeremy Walton book before it was restored. Best to all, Peter Boita.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

A guy who has 54 cars :shock: sent me this one from a local meeting. He has a turbo Esprit, but the clutch failed as he was backing it out of the garage for the meet.:rolleyes:

98239C63-0DB2-42ED-BFA5-C132C8886C33.jpeg

That looks like Nautilus Blue. My GT3 is one of 2 in that colour. Are there many other Esprits around in Nautilus Blue?

4 hours ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

That looks like Nautilus Blue. My GT3 is one of 2 in that colour. Are there many other Esprits around in Nautilus Blue?

It's Lotus Racing Green metallic.

Margate Exotics.

13 minutes ago, Giniw said:

(I wasn't too far off ^^')

To be fair, the light was fading when that photo was taken.

Margate Exotics.

Nautilus Blue is a funny colour. Looks quite green (as per the photo) in some light and dark blue in others hence my question.

@Chris Onelevenr - you need to post a picture so we can compare :thumbsup:

Nautilus Blue can look similar, for sure. It’s a nice colour, too. I think the only time the racing green really comes to life is when the sun is out.

20D7AF4E-A82D-485D-8903-75E7D43ED6D8.jpeg

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

7 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Yes. Even when mine looks green it's not that green. I probably took a photo of your car if that is at Lotus 70.

Yes, it was at the 70th, the colour looks drab in dull light. The one I really like is the Evora green that Bibs has. That’s so nice!

Margate Exotics.