free hit
counters
oz wheels on ebay - Page 3 - For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

oz wheels on ebay

Alex Carter

Not sure about the black hubs either bibs.

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They will look cool, thought about chrome rims but went for the powder when I saw how good the mirror finish was.

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

5975262472_9de2b80582_b_zps34e888b8.jpg

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Just a note. Got the boots fitted today, great. Rear wheels went straight on the car no worries. Thing is I have high spec callipers all round and the fronts foul by about 2mm. Arghh! Spacers it is then. Have found plenty but can anyone recommend a particular set and size please.

Edited by top-plumber

You can get a set of 4 made up for about £100 to your spec with plenty of people, it's an easy process. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ok got a couple of 5mm spacers yesterday from Halfords. Only to try it out. So fitted and ok, clearing the calliper now. Another problem has arisen. The tyres are the recommended size on the front but they have started to rub on full lock.

Can anyone tell me, did Lotus change the bodywork on the S4S to accommodate these wheels or did they put the lock stops on the rack to decrease the turning circle. I know the arches were flared but did the under arch shape change?

Going to get in the pit to have a look at the effort involved in fitting the lock stops. All feed back gratefully received.

Wayne

Yes. the wheel arch clearance was greater to allow for the larger wheels.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

im sorry you did what from halfrauds are you joking slip spacers are deadly try hubcentrics the german ones are tuv approved tested beyond belief. ive used them before and there safe as houses halfords wayne you surprise me lol 

nice pics by the way very shiny me likey 

Yeh I was a bit unsure at first Alex but as its only 5mm and the depth of the locating shoulder on the hub is about 20mm im still located on the hub centre by about 15mm so I know they centred and are not going to go any where, plus I have a couple of longer bolts in each wheel for now until I decide what to do. Any thoughts on the tyre rubbing though?

well does it rub with the spacers on? if yes then youve made the track wider so probably will . if not then is the car lowered on coilovers ? that wont help if its too low , or are the wheels genuine lotus ones ie correct offset and width ? other than that tracking /optiline  or accident damage ie clams not in the right place ?????

Happens all the time with bigger wheels, theyre lots of topic in here about it. Most people just remove some of the material from the arch inner where it rubs or simply avoid full lock.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yeh thought that was the answer Bibs.

Alex

Have adjustable coil overs all round and set the ride height spot on via the front chassis cross member and the rear loop.

Geometry was reset to S4s settings after I stripped and re bushed all the front end. And for sure no accident damage as myself or the guys at Elite who set the car up would have picked up on it.

Looks like lock stops or grinding the arches. Thank you for your thoughts fellas.

Wayne

That is a consideration, I will speak to my tyre guy and see if he believes that it will make enough difference.

Thanks Alex

By the way, good luck with the re build, did you see the pistons for your car on eBay?

The Futuras look good in the sunshine.

post-16074-0-90682800-1394835122.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just dug mine out of storage and they are mint.

Here are some pics. All I need to do now is find out where the heck the fronts are. Currently hidden in some place that resembles the warehouse from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark! 

IMG_1491_zpsb2c973d3.jpg

IMG_1489_zpsbf81849c.jpg

IMG_1498_zps35631556.jpg