free hit
counters
What does your profile name mean? Share share! - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What does your profile name mean? Share share!

• Gold FFM

It's the one who pays me 14% interest on all accounts. And outside of the UK oh and means I pay NO UK tax.

Edited by johnpwalsh

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I dribble...

My fav TV program was called 'The Whirlybirds'. An old Australian series a bit like Lassie, 2 chaps in a helicopter always saving the day.

Mine came from a car! An Alfa Romeo 1600 GTV, which had the indignity of being smote from behind by an idiot. An uninsured idiot... and me on TPF&T. Ran the car for quite a while after, having ben

Posted Images

Just logging in now :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

All my friends thought I was really gifted at talking my way out of trouble, so I got called Roger the Dodger.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Oh, that's 'Dodger'?! I thought you just liked hanging around in woodland car parks late at night! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:lol:

It would have been harder to reach in the newsagents! 

Evora NA

• 2 months later...

When I joined

I had a US-spec World Championship edition Esprit. The World Championship edition was made to celebrate Mario Andretti winning the World Championship. It was a limited-edition model and mine was number 42. Hence US Andretti 42

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Mine is a tribute to the proof reader that made a mistake on page 115 of "Lotus Esprit" The complete story, by Jeremy Walton.

I was going to use the name Roger the Lodger from that age old poem that ended with the lovely line "It wasn't the almighty that lifted the nighty, it was Roger the lodger the sod".

Long before i bought my first Lotus i had a totaly tuned Opel Corsa.

With a Turbo Engine from a Opel Calibra, 6 Speed gearbox, NOS, etc.

The car had 400HP+ and was fast as hell.

At the hill climbs my mates always said: go and catch the V8's with your speed.

And that became gospeedv8 one day.

And since i also have a V8 i thought the name would fit now more than ever.

Mine is my name, and the model number of a Ducati motorcycle that I was saving up for back in around 1997 when I first got online (and not the Porsche designation like everyone assumes!). Sadly in 1998 when I had enough to buy the bike I couldn't insure the damn thing so bought a brand new Yamaha that came with discounted insurance.... I should be called markwR1 :)

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D

In days of old when knights were bold and computers were first invented.....

(Yes I am talking before VDUs let alone Retina etc)

There were a select few of us who punched boxfulls of 80 character cards to programme a computer the size of a house to add up a few numbers and spew out the totals on boxfulls of continuous greenline printout paper.  To separate out the wonderful work from everyone else's mistakes the separation pages were the programmers initials.  It was a computer so there had to be a rule with no exceptions.  The rule was 3 initials, so deprived children like me with just 2 - or even the more gifted with 4 names or more - had to invent an alias.  The standard fill character was X.  A light year or so later mainframe timesharing was invented where you had the concept of "logging in" for the first time, and most of us kept the same identifiers.  That stayed with me throughout my career - I've always been MPx....

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Not a commie then? :lol:

Evora NA

• 3 months later...

I was searching around for an ebay name that was different. At the time I had a Scimitar GTE which I'd converted by dropping a 2.9 injection engine into. Hence the ian29gte.

I'm generally Chillidoggy on other forums. Shan calls me Chilli on occasion, hence the avatar, which I always maintain is her tattoed derriere. The Chillidoggy name came about when I was looking for a Yahoo handle. For reasons I can't recall, I wanted Hotdog. But as they were all taken, I tried Chillidog. When that was taken, I added the 'gy', and there you go.

Margate Exotics.