free hit
counters
Scottish Independence - Page 10 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Scottish Independence

Kimbers

Expressing relief from across the pond. Not just because I think it is right, but also because things might have become insufferable over here in fairly short order (#QuebecIndependence).

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think each country deserves to be, and should be, their own. Then they can colaborate as they wish. The time for dominating other countries should be over by now.

Free Tibet. Ahhhh no, we moved our production to that country south of Tibet, so cannot protest because of the so called free market dominating national and international politics....

Sad times.

Kind regards and wishing World Peace,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

So Alex has quit, only to be expected as has life ambition has been for an independant Scotland. I maybe never always agreed with his policy but it was a forgone conclusion that he would go after the No vote win. In Alex defense, can ayone tell me of another MP who fought so valliantly for what he believed in, Whether you agreed with his policy's or not we have to give the man respect for sticking by his beliefs and for the good he did for Scotland.

Thanks Alex.

I suspect there are numerous MP's that could be considered as valiant as Mr. Salmond.

Margate Exotics.

And to think that less than 120 years ago England dominated the world. How things change....

I think it was the United Kingdom that was the superpower of that time, not just England.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Who is Nicola Sturgeon, Salmond's sister?

Despite after spending millions of pounds they found out Scottish people are quite happy being part of the UK, she wants to do it all again within 12 months to see if everyone has changed their minds? Are politicians really just drug users in the public eye?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/scottish-leaders-tv-debate-new-vote-on-scottish-independence-could-be-on-cards-says-nicola-sturgeon-10161114.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 5 months later...

Re-instating this thread after Nicola Sturgeon has today said that the "UK is on Borrowed time". What is it with this woman? What is wrong with her? Is she so full of hate for the English that she has to go against the previous referendum and the fact that even she said it was a "Once in a lifetime" vote?

It makes me furious when one person tries pushing through their own agenda by bullying and wearing people down till they get what they want. I am almost at the stage where I want Scotland to go Independent and the rest of the UK leave them to it....with no monies to be paid to the SNP and them to take their share of debts. I'm sure that's not what she has in mind though!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34283944

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Along with the vast majority of Scots on this Forum also I'd bet.  

Aaaarg! Glad I'm offshore for a change today as I just get so riled by that bitch. She has a face like a spaniel chewing a wasp and makes you want to slap that supercilious smirk off it (and go against my beliefs on hitting women I hasten to add). Some just really do ask for it though.  What part of No doesn't she get?

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

Haha< come on Al, she's a woman. No is not in their dictionary or genetics.

I do find it galling that she barks on about the will of the Scottish people, clearly forgetting that when asked, the nation rose up again, and said, NO! She says one thing - we will abide by the will of the Scottish people (63% did not say Yes) and yet constantly panders to the 37%. How is this a dermocracy? And when is she just going to get on and focus on governing Scotland. She's got powersw she hasn't even used and yet still wants for more...

Like you, I cannot condone violence on or to women. But could we not just lock her up in an old castle with a view of the highlands and glens and 30 years worth of "oh so simple" porridge oats from Cupar?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I don't understand her (what can only be called) hatred of the English. My wife is half Scottish. I am a quarter Welsh (my Granny) and an 8th Irish (Her mom) which makes my kids (apart from confused) truly British and I want to keep it that way. But I find myself thinking, more and more, that I want them independent and to totally fail and go bankrupt so people can see the idiocy of the SNP!

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

. But I find myself thinking, more and more, that I want them independent and to totally fail and go bankrupt so people can see the idiocy of the SNP!

But that's the tragedy Kimbers of the situation. As much as I hate the Nats I could not wish that failure on anybody. It would ruin lives, families and create a truly hostile environment for generations. My biggest worry is that we get another referendum and they win by 51% TO 49%. When you take into account those that could not be bothered to vote Yes, the Nats would still be the minority but they would at that point be forcing their will on everyone and we would split.

I'm British first and foremost. Born in Liverpool of a Scottish mum and an English father. My mum's side are all Scottish, from Ayrshire and Arran. My fathers side are English, Manx and Welsh!  I have a daughter born in England but brought up in Scotland. I had two boys born in Scotland. As a family, we feel and count ourselves as British. If Scotland does go for Independence we will then be foreigners in our Country as we could not call ourselves native and British, in Indie Scotland, any longer. I fear the people in the YES camp just do not understand that Independence for them rips others away from their heritage and identity. They just don't care. Also, I guess I struggle with the need for Independence when over the past 300 or so years we have all prospered. But there's a quandry, the Nats point to how successful Scotland is, as a result of the Union in no small part, and then dismiss the Union as not delivering for Scotland. The argument just does not add up especially when you see that for  70% of the past 20 years Scotland got the Westminster Government it voted, contrary to what the Nats actually say. Scotland has punched significantly above it's 8% weight in terms of power, influence and objectives and should see herself as a big fish in a big pond. Independence will evolve Scotland into a much smaller fish in a much larger pond - so how is that going to work out for Scottish citizens?

The next vote will be close, much closer than the last, and I find myself with a difficult decision which is do I trust in the famed hospitality, prudence and common sense of Scots, and stay, or, do I accept that the Neds and despots in the Nats have won and cut my losses and get out BEFORE the next vote. For me, it's a real worry, and the further tragedy is that we have had 4 years of NO GOVERNMENT up here as the ONLY focus has been on the referendum and so policies, services etc have all just taken a back seat.  How long can this go on for?

Edited by C8RKH

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

The bloody ol witch is going on about it again. 

For christ sake - you've had your bloody vote and it was no.

accept it......... 

When did they outlaw burning witches at the stake??

Only here once

• Gold FFM

She runs a party with only one trick and only one record. A broken one at that.

I do believe the majority of normal people in Scotland are sick and tired of this "noise" and just want her and the SNP to get on with the business of Government where their track record over the last 8 years has not been glorious.

• Like 2

Well first you had a Salmon(d), then a Sturgeon, so who has the SNP got lined up to lead you next? Big Mouth Billy Bass the singing fish?

The recent move to the Left by Corbyn's Labour Party might actually help Labour's cause in Scotland and win some votes/seats back from the SNP in the Scottish Election, so that might shut her up a bit.

• Gold FFM

Don't  forget SNP actually leans to the right in its policies which is interesting.

Billy Bass would be entertaining though at First Minister questions. 

I'm not sure they really are leaning right now Andy. I think Labour over the years has moved towards the centre/ right and lost the left wing voters particularly in Scotland where the SNP have adopted left wing tendencies and made hay.  No doubt they were right wing but not any more 

Haha, cracks me up. 

English Votes for English laws gets voted in and the SNP's reaction is to threaten the English as it excludes them!!! Now I am not a sweary person but you must be F*****g joking right? You won't let the English vote on your policies but you kick up a fuss when they ask for the same back? 

Why oh why can't the Scottish people see through this bunch of anti English/British politicians?

Their Quote taken from the article below: The SNP's Pete Wishart told MPs: "Scotland is watching this and the mood is darkening. If this is an exercise in saving the Union you could not have contrived of a more inept way to save the Union.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34599998

• Gold FFM

I am a sweary person and the SNP are taking the Piss, and so are the Labour old guard like Brown etc.

I am absolutely sick to my fluking teeth of the whinging and whining from the SNP mouth pieces. You CANNOT justify having a Scottish (or Welsh or NI) parliament that is primarily there to make laws for the local people, and then say the English cannot have the same.

The only issue is that the "english parliament" shares the same physical premises as the UK one. So, my suggestion is this, set-up an English Parliament in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds and then devolve the same powers to that parliament as have been devolved to Scotland, Wales and NI.

Then Westminster MP's can ONLY vote on those reserved UK issues and policies, and so we can sack 50% of them as no longer need as many, as oversight at UK level will still be provided by the House of Lords.

Total and utter shite this backlash and racist and selfish too. It's about time the english public woke up, rise up, and telt' them so.

• Like 1