free hit
counters
Scottish Independence - Page 11 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Scottish Independence

• Gold FFM

She runs a party with only one trick and only one record. A broken one at that.

I do believe the majority of normal people in Scotland are sick and tired of this "noise" and just want her and the SNP to get on with the business of Government where their track record over the last 8 years has not been glorious.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BBC in England simply need to stop giving the witch a platform here. They have BBC Scotland for that. I’ve no desire whatsoever to see a vile and divisive politician whom wishes to rip apart Great

My heart sank when I saw this thread reappear, I'd love to see the end of this garbage. The SNP can go and **** themselves up the **** with a nail covered baseball bat. They represent the worst of all

Posted Images

Well first you had a Salmon(d), then a Sturgeon, so who has the SNP got lined up to lead you next? Big Mouth Billy Bass the singing fish?

The recent move to the Left by Corbyn's Labour Party might actually help Labour's cause in Scotland and win some votes/seats back from the SNP in the Scottish Election, so that might shut her up a bit.

• Gold FFM

Don't  forget SNP actually leans to the right in its policies which is interesting.

Billy Bass would be entertaining though at First Minister questions. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I'm not sure they really are leaning right now Andy. I think Labour over the years has moved towards the centre/ right and lost the left wing voters particularly in Scotland where the SNP have adopted left wing tendencies and made hay.  No doubt they were right wing but not any more 

Haha, cracks me up. 

English Votes for English laws gets voted in and the SNP's reaction is to threaten the English as it excludes them!!! Now I am not a sweary person but you must be F*****g joking right? You won't let the English vote on your policies but you kick up a fuss when they ask for the same back? 

Why oh why can't the Scottish people see through this bunch of anti English/British politicians?

Their Quote taken from the article below: The SNP's Pete Wishart told MPs: "Scotland is watching this and the mood is darkening. If this is an exercise in saving the Union you could not have contrived of a more inept way to save the Union.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34599998

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

I am a sweary person and the SNP are taking the Piss, and so are the Labour old guard like Brown etc.

I am absolutely sick to my fluking teeth of the whinging and whining from the SNP mouth pieces. You CANNOT justify having a Scottish (or Welsh or NI) parliament that is primarily there to make laws for the local people, and then say the English cannot have the same.

The only issue is that the "english parliament" shares the same physical premises as the UK one. So, my suggestion is this, set-up an English Parliament in Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds and then devolve the same powers to that parliament as have been devolved to Scotland, Wales and NI.

Then Westminster MP's can ONLY vote on those reserved UK issues and policies, and so we can sack 50% of them as no longer need as many, as oversight at UK level will still be provided by the House of Lords.

Total and utter shite this backlash and racist and selfish too. It's about time the english public woke up, rise up, and telt' them so.

• Like 1

Does it never end? I wonder how they would have been had the vote gone the other way and the stay together voters started asking for another bite at the cherry.

Edited by mdw
  • Like 1

What a load of clap trap it all is.

they are just feathering their own nests - whilst really being told what they can and cannot do  by a witch from Germany.

roll on the eu vote.

Only here once

The EU vote is probably the SNPs best chance of victory. If there is an out vote for Europe there WILL be a second Independance vote for Scotland within a couple of years. SNP are looking for any excuse and the Euro referendum unfortunately could be it 

• Gold FFM

Well, actually, ONLY if the Scots portion of the vote is overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and the rest of the UK is to leave it.

Otherwise the SNP will going against the will and mandate of the Scottish people

You are of course correct Andy but I fear the current political activity in Scotland is mostly SNP driven so there is a higher chance of SNP voters actually bothering to vote and of their votes being for 'In' 

Otherwise I firmly believe that a couple of years of SNP rule will be enough for the honeymoon period to turn sour as they are incapable of running a bath, never mind a country and the previous levels of apathy will return once there is a realisation that there arent free unicorns for every Sturgeon follower and eventually we will need to pay more tax to live in the utopian dream. 

• 10 months later...

I bet Sturgeon and Salmon keep quite on this! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37167975?SThisFB

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

not really....just something else to blame on the English and Brexit.........

when will the Scots wake up and smell the stale rancid chip rest on Sturgeons shoulders

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

It's started already @theelanman in that article with the quote from Queen Nicola:

""However, Scotland's long-term economic success is now being directly threatened by the likely impact of Brexit."

So, Scotland's deficit has been shot up, to over twice the rate of the rest of the UK in the last year, but it is not the fault of the SNP who have been in power for nigh on 10 years. No, let's not analyse our performance over those 10 years, let's get in quick with the excuses and blame the rest of the UK for being so stupid in voting for Brexit. Oh my god, this is great, we've blamed the union for the past 300 odd years, now we can blame Brexit! Fanbloodydabbydosey! Hurrah!  FREEDOM.......!

Can't blame the oil really, as that was only £1.8bn of the £14.8bn deficit and that was offset anyway by renewables income of £1.9bn which is funded by UK taxation policies so unless I am wrong, 90% funded by rUK so £1.7bn. Thank you.

After living in Scotland for 22 years I am now rapidly coming to the conclusion that Independence is what the rest of the UK wants, from the constant whinging and drivel from the SNP!  What ever happened to the promised land of "progressive politics"?

After the country goes bankrupt and wants the rest of the UK to bail it out.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I think its all the fault of the Scottish independents and the BBC. They keep analysing the Brexit vote as if it were a general election vote where you have different constituents and MPs. The Brexit vote asked the whole country 1 question with 2 possible answers. The result was the country voted to leave the EU. They keep on banging on about how Scotland voted but that's irrelevant if you ask me.

Any way here is wee Jimmy Cranky at her best.

More wee Jimmy Cranky content just to improve the mood...

Buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Glad you self censored that! Lol! :P

We all knew it would happen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37250448

I love being part of a diverse UK and Great Britain but am on the edge of saying "Well F Off then". The trouble is that the UK i so PC that they won't do what they should do if this goes ahead and ensure Scotland takes it's share of debt and gets no money whatsoever from the UK govt if they go independant. They will be bankrupt in a few years and then watch Nicola Sturgeon go into hiding!

Really - does this woman not understand what she is doing.

evil and driving division - everything she supposedly campaigns against. 

Wake up and smell the coffee Scotland - before the witch and her broomstick try and fly you off on a mad eurogerman helterskelter to the bottom - just remember Greece

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I find this truly disappointing. The SNP have been in power for 10 years and have really achieved nothing. Education and the NHS here has gone backwards. The Police service is in a mess and local authorities were starved of cash for front end services through an austerity (yes, that is exactly what is was Ms Sturgeon) policy of no Council Tax increases for at least 8 years.  The whole pro-occupation of the SNP in government has been about blaming Westminster for everything and not actually do anything themselves much at all.

If ANY public money is spent on this it will be a travesty. I'm happy if the SNP party is fully funding this themselves but will be hugely disappointed if any Scottish Government or tax payers monies are leaked into this "conversation".

I do think Scotland is in very really danger of isolating itself from the rUK. What the SNP seems to fail to realise is that an Independent Scotland, in the early years, will be wholly dependent upon a friendly neighbour in the rUK as by far the rUK is THE biggest and MOST IMPORTANT trade partner for Scotland.

The situation this time around is very different post the Brexit vote. Scotland will leave the rUk and will have an uncertain future in its attempt to join Europe - indeed, Sturgeon admitted this week, finally, that after her whirlwind post Brexit journey around Europe's leaders she was given NO special concessions or promises by the EU leaders.  If Scotland does leave the rUK and joins the EU, then post Brexit they will have to have a clear defined policy to move to the Euro - that means they will be forced into severe austerity programmes, similar to Greece, to get the deficit under control as they will not be allowed to join the Eurozone until they are back within the limits of acceptability. There will be no special favours, as France, Italy, Belgium, Spain and some eastern European members are paranoid of it being easy for a "separatist" region to join the EU as this will potentially open the flood gates in their back yards. So, independence = no pound!  Wow, that will be a hard sell maybe.

Also, post brexit immigration controls are all the talk. So Scotland joins the EU and immediately needs to accept free movment. What does the SNP think the rUK will make of that? You can bet your life that the contractors who build the Mexico wall for Trump will be on the phone straight away to May! So, independence = border controls! Wow, bloody hell that's an even harder sell!

I understand the romantic pull of independence and let's face it that is all it can be as Scotland has not been independent for 300 years or more, therefore many generations! What I cannot understand is the blanket refusal to look at the true impacts of independence and accept that the rose tinted romantic view of the past is not necessarily a good perspective for the future.

I fear if this conversation fears, my wife and i will be selling up in the next 2 years and moving to England as I do not wish to live in an Independent Scotland.  Each to their own however and I am sure the motorway's will be filled with Scots moving their families and leaving their prosperous lives of the past 10, 20, 30 and 40 years in England behind them for the brave new independent world of the SNP's vision for Scotland.  Ah well, at least there'll be plenty of house for me and the wife to look at and plenty of returners to buy our old house from us.

Can't Scotland do OK exporting milk from all the 'Heeland Coos' that we saw? (3 actually. And I'm not sure if they were boy or girl coos?)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.