free hit
counters
Scottish Independence - Page 13 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Scottish Independence

I reckon after brexit - itd be well handy to have a land border with an EU run Scotland - that way all the Jonny foreigners can just drive upto Scotland to sign on :thumbsup:

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BBC in England simply need to stop giving the witch a platform here. They have BBC Scotland for that. I’ve no desire whatsoever to see a vile and divisive politician whom wishes to rip apart Great

My heart sank when I saw this thread reappear, I'd love to see the end of this garbage. The SNP can go and **** themselves up the **** with a nail covered baseball bat. They represent the worst of all

Posted Images

Why don't Scotland solve a bit of unemployment for awhile and some economy problems and buy everyone near the borders a shovel and tell them to dig a trench right across so that it fills up with a little bit of ocean?

They'll truly be independent then.

They could then follow this up with some bridge building.

That's what government should be about. Decision making. ;) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Referendum 2 happens and I'm done. **** the SNP, they're not going to be happy until they bring Scotland to its knees with financial disaster for the sake of proving a point that doesn't need proving, anyone with half a brain knows it's a bad idea. Remember the whole "Oh we will be making soooooooo much revenue from oil" bollocks? Well that's ****ed now isn't it. Not that they ever bothered to explain the percentage of the total North Sea revenue that the country would get anyway to the mass morons, knowing they'd be too blinkered to look it up,  just what the top line was and ran with it. ****ing idiots. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, ian29gte said:

You have to admit there's a likeness. I think it's the Barnet.

Try giving the gorilla a lemon to suck on - likeness complete

Only here once

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Colin G said:

Referendum 2 happens and I'm done. **** the SNP............

+2 on that here, Colin. I wouldn't trust that lot to run a bath let alone a country. Jennifer and I have already formulated our own personal exit plan - we've even got the shipping container for the Evora priced and I've spoken with motoring authorities in NZ about importing and registering it there. We won't be hanging around long.

rats-sinking-ship-380x1981.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I'll be in touch David re the shipping container costs. I still do not figure why she ( Nicola, not the Guerrilla) wants to alienate her biggest market (4x bigger) for a smaller one where the exports volumes have been declining.  Talking about poking your friend in the eye then asking yourself around for dinner. I really do think in the current climate that if she wins Indyref2 then Scotland will be cast into the wilderness and not a rUK single tear will be shed or a finger lifted if she then comes calling yet again (history repeating itself?) for a bailout in the future.

New Zealand sounds nice.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Her latest wheeze is Scotland having a separate EU trade deal. Presumably that will include the old EU "freedom of movement" cobblers, so those north of the border could well be looking forward to a "jungle" camp on the newly reinforced national border when they realise how bloody cold and miserable it is up there, and can't wait to migrate south. Machine gun towers, and gun emplacements will naturally be required on this side.

Or we could simply build a big wall, like in Calais. Wait, hasn't something like that happened before........?

Margate Exotics.

19 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

+2 on that here, Colin. I wouldn't trust that lot to run a bath let alone a country. Jennifer and I have already formulated our own personal exit plan - we've even got the shipping container for the Evora priced and I've spoken with motoring authorities in NZ about importing and registering it there. We won't be hanging around long.

rats-sinking-ship-380x1981.jpg

You got room for an Esprit and Evora 400 

Andrew 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Lol. Where will she get the money from to pay for it? After all, of course, the EU will just give it all up for free, yes?

Trade office in Berlin and all over Europe. Still not heard when she is opening one in her biggest market, or where in that market, in the rUK!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

And of course, the Scots will be forced to accept the euro as their currency. Still, if the dish of the day ends up being 'Shit a la Greque', then bail-outs galore will no doubt be forthcoming.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Well, we'll be forced to comply with a Brussels imposed fiscal policy that will get us on track to the Euro in 3-5 years and they, the Scottish Government, will have very little say in the matter or their fiscal policy for about 5 years.

Now, if that is what "freedom" is. Or indeed being "independent" is, then, well, I'll just go and eat my shoes.

And if anyone could tell me how likely the Scottish Government is to pass the convergence test for entry to the Eurozone?

What is measured: Price stability Sound public finances Sustainable public finances Durability of convergence Exchange rate stability
How it is measured: Consumer price inflation rate Government deficit as % of GDP Government debt as % of GDP Long-term interest rate Deviation from a central rate
Convergence criteria: Not more than 1.5 percentage points above the rate of the three best performing Member States Reference value: not more than 3% Reference value: not more than 60% Not more than 2 percentage points above the rate of the three best performing Member States in terms of price stability Participation in ERM II for at least 2 years without severe tensio

Just think. rUK has the £ which will be a basket case for several years post-brexit. BUT, and it is a big BUT the rUK can do whatever it wants with it's fiscal policies and interest rates and debts and bonds to drive growth and the economy.

Scotland leaves the rUK, but then has to wait for 2, 5, 10 years to meet the convergence criteria BEFORE it gets the Euro. In that time, it's economy is linked to the rUK £. A currency whose policies and drivers and strategy it has no say in what so ever. What will that do to the Scottish Economy and how will that impact on the meeting of the convergence critieria. In fact, we could see a situation, where the rUK is so pissed off with the Nats in Scotland after Independence that they "play around" a little with the currency just to feck us all over, well and truly. And Mrs Sturgeon and her Nationalist MSPs (cos they will have no Nationalist MP's in Westminster) will not be able to just jump on a train or plane (well, as long as they have their passport I guess maybe they could go) to Westminster to bellyache and complain. They'll not be able to get hand-outs from Europe as they won't be in their straight away. Oh, bejeesus, thank Christ we have oil!  Oh shit, it's nearly gone. OH, it's OK we have wind. Christ, at least we'll still have some lights on in Scotland.

So the UK Government has no plan for Brexit. Well my little darlings. The first question Queen Nichola will get from me when she launches Indyref2 will be, "show me your plan post independence and in detail". Come on now. You shouted at Princess May when she did not have her Brexit one, so I am assuming you have a plan, in detail, with no assumptions and maybes and possiblies, as you demanded they had one.

If only the press in the UK had the balls to really go after the stories, rather than setup bloody football managers and talk about which celebrity is sleeping with whom and other such inconsequential trivia.

We're all doomed!

• Like 2

Scotland will be just fine being an eu member after Brexit.

have your freedom..... no longer will the rest of the uk be subsiding the north.

we can then stop buying and investing up there and instead concentrate on the 'northern powerhouse' 

German Eurocrats will come in to replace queen Nicola - and Scotland will be another German enclave just like Greece.

maybe planet of the apes was based on this Scottish model

Only here once

• Gold FFM

But that's my point Barry, Scotland will not GET IN to the EU for 3-5 years, maybe 7-10. So up here we will be in Limbo and on our own if we go independent. I mean, if the UK negotiates a Brexit deal, then Scotland leaves the UK, guess what, it has no Brexit deal even!  I really do not think people up here are asking the right questions and that includes the Scottish MSP's and Government.

Yup I get it @C8RKH. Frankly I'm annoyed with the whole hype of getting a Brexit deal.

I say [email protected] em...... lets get out... stuff your deal up your ass.

we will take WTO tariffs - happy days - lets get building in the U.K., manufacturing in the U.K., farming, trading etc etc - all in the U.K. 

Wont take many years and we will again be a true super power. While the eu lies in the gutter with the stench of its own filth and debt

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yup. I'm coming round to your way of thinking too Barry.

On March 31st we should write to the EU and say," hereby take this letter as our official triggering of article 50".

On April 1st we should write another letter saying "we politely decline your offer of a negotiated settlement so we thought we would save you and us the bother of two years worth of meetings, negotiations, dinners, and slap up meals. As of now we are out - no negotiations, no deal, no obligations. Oh please switch the light off as you leave as we can't afford to pay your bill for electricity"

On April 2nd we send a letter to every government, trading block, and whatever and we say "hello. we cordially invite you to come to London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Cardiff, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Belfast for tea and cake and to do some mutually beneficial trade. Any time you like, the door is always open".

TVM. Job done. Let's get on with it.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2016 at 23:00, Mark Blanchard said:

nicola-sturgeon-gorilla.jpg?w=736&h=442&

7A90D55D-C9AB-4CBF-8D9E-F7F55EEBF5C9_zps

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

From the Telegraph. Please can someone explain given these startling figures why Sturgeon and the SNP are so besotted with the common market and not playing a more positive role in Team UK?

The UK runs a £60bn trade deficit with the EU, despite single market access, while generating a £30bn surplus when trading with the rest of the world, with no single market. The EU is a declining bloc, its GDP growth having lagged every other region for a generation. The 85pc of the world economy outside the EU is growing far faster, offering Britain all kinds of trading opportunities.

Sad thing is, the track record of the EU when it comes to accepting new member states is somewhat akin to immigration policy: It doesn't matter whether you meet the criteria matey, in you come.

Will they want another Greece in the form of Scotland? I wouldn't be at all surprised, expansionism appears to be the main priority.

Margate Exotics.