free hit
counters
Scottish Independence - Page 18 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Scottish Independence

I also personally hope it never happens as I think the U.K. is stronger together. However, I don’t think Westminster should stand in the way if it’s what the people of Scotland want - frankly, SNP politicians in Westminster work solely to try and undermine the U.K. and that isn’t acceptable.

Scotland are a net drain on the U.K. so if they want to leave, they should be welcome to do so.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BBC in England simply need to stop giving the witch a platform here. They have BBC Scotland for that. I’ve no desire whatsoever to see a vile and divisive politician whom wishes to rip apart Great

My heart sank when I saw this thread reappear, I'd love to see the end of this garbage. The SNP can go and **** themselves up the **** with a nail covered baseball bat. They represent the worst of all

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
51 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m wondering when us English can have a vote on independence 

Stop your whinging @Barrykearley and get some more chicken sheds wired up and your VAT, NICS and taxes paid!

You need to work harder as Queenie has now decided that all families on family credit are getting a £100 xmas pressie, all kids are getting free breakfasts and lunches whether the schools are in or out, and all front line health and care staff are getting a £500 Queen Nickie Bonus for xmas too. Some bugger needs to pay for it so that'll be you Barry. Cheers bud. You're welcome.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I could set my Scalextric up in there @Barrykearley

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Ian Blackford trying to become Trump the 2nd? 
Every time he opens his extremely large mouth the amount of sewerage that splits out of it will one day cover Holyrood in the same way as Mt Etna covered Pompeii

http://news.sky.com/story/brexit-snp-calls-for-billions-in-compensation-to-counteract-devastating-high-price-of-leaving-the-eu-12183893

• Love 1

Maybe Trump will take over the whole of Scotland, then the rest of the UK can vote to expel Scotland.

Same old diarrhoea from Michelin Man IB. 

He's really saying that Scotland is vastly inefficient as it will need £6 billion to fill in a few extra forms. 

after all, he can longer moan about tariffs and quotas. 

Maybe if that vile fat c##£ claimed a few quid less in expenses they wouldn’t have such a budget problem.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Would they like the vaccine distributed in line with what Scotland would have got if Brexit hadn’t occurred? 

ps. Not suggesting it, but it is a pertinent point. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Supposing Scotland did get independence and their application to join the EU took 10 years, could they survive that long on their own

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Who’s cares @pete - it’ll be our fault anyway.

But at least you won't be paying for it at that point.  Every cloud.....

• Like 2

so who will.? all those who voted for independence ? Although Sturgeon may not be there by then if Alec Salmond has his way

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, pete said:

so who will.? all those who voted for independence ? Although Sturgeon may not be there by then if Alec Salmond has his way

Every one of us who lives in Scotland will need to pay for it. Though I, and many people like me, will be selling up and leaving as soon as the vote is for. The benefit of course is that it will free up property for exiled nationalists to return and invest in and make good the promise of Independence and its benefits.

Yeah right, of course..... Lol....

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Every one of us who lives in Scotland will need to pay for it. Though I, and many people like me, will be selling up and leaving as soon as the vote is for. The benefit of course is that it will free up property for exiled nationalists to return and invest in and make good the promise of Independence and its benefits.

Yeah right, of course..... Lol....

there might not be enough demand for all the assets being dumped 

Edited by SFO
  • Haha 1

If Scotland does become independent I assume that means that those resident there will have to decide on their own nationality - whether they remain British or become Scottish. What will that mean for the right to remain or work in Scotland? If they choose to Remain British they will effectively become foreign nationals in their homeland. Similarly, I assume Scottish nationals will then need a Visa to be able to work in England on the same basis as all other foreign nationals.

Rely on people to choose their own nationality??? Ffs that’s crazy - many can’t even decide what gender they are.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Neal H said:

If Scotland does become independent I assume that means that those resident there will have to decide on their own nationality - whether they remain British or become Scottish. What will that mean for the right to remain or work in Scotland? If they choose to Remain British they will effectively become foreign nationals in their homeland. Similarly, I assume Scottish nationals will then need a Visa to be able to work in England on the same basis as all other foreign nationals.

Bloody hell Neal.  Most people up here struggle with what they should have for breakfast each day. This is far to advanced and what will happen, I am sure, is that people will have dual Nationality. You will remain a British Citizen and gain Scottish Citizenship.  Then people who live outside of the new Nation of Scotland but where born there will be apply to apply for Citizenship. Then those with family links will be allowed to apply (like what happened with Brexit and the sudden rush for Irish citizenship.

Then, the issue will be residency for tax purposes. So live in Scotland pay Scottish tax, live in Britain (rUK) pay Westminster taxes etc.

One thing I can guarantee is that the SNP have not thought about it nor do they have a plan for it.  It will be all wiffle, waffle, bullshit and damned lies. That's how they deal with everything else around Independence.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neal H said:

no worries, lots of EU nationals will pile over to take advantage of an independent Scotland's dynamic economy 

• Haha 2