free hit
counters
Nearly 10 years in... - Page 7 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Nearly 10 years in...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate it's not to everyone's tastes but I've done a bit of titivation to the Evora during the lockdown period, carbon bits and wheels/tyres (410 Sport GP edition)... About 5.5k

Glen Etive.... Applecross...  Have to say my brakes took an absolute hammering on these roads compared to the Alps, might have to swap to Red calipers (and new pads) sooner than

After reading others' ownership thread I thought it was worth up dating this one as it will be 10 years of ownership soon!! Time has flown and Evora life has been super easy, reliable and inexpen

Posted Images

I managed to get a carbon engine cover and front access panel which along with the Mansory Carbon rear spoiler saves ~5kg. Also as said, easy to swap for the standard bits as and when. 

Trying to currently get the windscreen replaced, but as others may have already had the (dis)pleasure of arranging I'm currently awaiting a 3rd visit to try and get it done. The amount of advice I've given to try and help them seems to have fallen on deaf ears or just not passed on to relevant people. Fingers crossed for "3rd times a charm". I'm glad my MOT has been extended for 6 months, at this rate they'll be using all that time before it's sorted. 😁

• Gold FFM

@JAWS feel your pain re the Windscreen.  The windscreen on my brand new Evora 410 Sport started to delaminate at the bottom after only a few months and Lotus agreed, with no fuss I might add, to replace it with a new one.

Had to wait a few weeks but it eventually arrived and the dealer (Leven in Edinburgh) fitted it. They really fcuked up the A Pillars and when I got the car back they were a mess, so I then needed for it to go back to get the A pillars sorted.

Well, whilst sorting them the dealers mechanic somehow managed to crack the windscreen!   Arghhhhh.  So had to wait more time for a new windscreen to be ordered and fitted at the dealers expense.  Everything is good now, but the car is on it's third windscreen in such a short life...  You could not have made it up at the time...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I use Old School Windscreens in Surrey. Even for my daily wagons, I just pay them to fit a screen. AutoGlass and all that mobile mob are generally bad. 

Main dealers usual sub these jobs out...so it is pot luck unless they use a real pro. 

Old School are usually ace at finding screens too. They found one for my XJ6 when everyone else said 'not available'. And a Fiat 128 screen too. 

Proper people.

Justin 

• Like 1