free hit
counters
Over 12 years in... - Page 4 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Over 12 years in...

JAWS

• Gold FFM

Impressive, my average is rarely above 22mpg!  I must be doing something wrong :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I have to admit Barry I have no idea what gears 5 and 6 are for and rarely use them if at all. Probably 2% of my time in the car is in 1st, 10% in 2nd and the rest evenly split in 3rd and 4th which generally gives me a power band sweet spot all the time and speeds from 0 to around 115 mph. 

They should have listened to Colin and dumped 5th and 6th to save weight. Lol.

And now I have pulled the trigger on new headers and a single sports cat I probably won't use 4th much as I'll get more crackles, farts, burps and snorts accelerating and decelerating in 3rd so under 20mpg average hear I come...

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, JAWS said:

I was planning on celebrating with a cold beer but realised I didn't have any!!? Only one person to blame for that - @Bravo73                       

Yes, and I hope Mrs. Bravo73 was suitably embarrassed by her failure here and remorseful and jolly well jumped in her car to go and get you some extra cold ones from the Offy!

• Like 1

that used plug looks pretty good to me. A nice brown colour indicates a good fuel burn.

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

@TAR - That's good to know. I hope to think I'm mechanically sympathetic and treat the old girl well. All the spark plugs were the same colour/level of burn which is good.

@Barrykearley - you're right about personal satisfaction, I really enjoy tinkering/titivating (and learning) the Evora and means I'm left in no doubt that the job has been done properly. I've been burnt in the past with other cars and so called "servicing".

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Lovely little cars.

once you learn the gear change, it's fine. Think of it as an automated manual, not an automatic, and you'll be fine. A little lift as you would in a manual and wait for it to change gear.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I think that's its only real weakness (apart from it leaking like a sieve!) Ironically I haven't even driven it yet, so can't comment :lol:. Thought it would be a waste to tax and insure it while the weather is poor. 

I was quite surprised to find it's actually rarer than my Evora, with only 45 of this Finale Edition in the country!

• Gold FFM

@Kalli uses one for commuting.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• Gold FFM

And it's blue not black..... :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Is that the smart roadster ! Very good looking little cars :)

A Smart? Sshh, :whistle:I'll have you know it's a BRABUS Roadster Coupe and at every opportunity will be pretentiously referred to as "the Brabus" :lol: 

@Kalli and @Barrykearley :thumbup: I'm hoping it will be a hoot to drive on twisty lower speed roads. Following it on some local roads I was surprised how nimble it looked through the bends.

I'm also surprised how well equipped it is with cruise control, auto lights & wipers and also a power roof. Which in itself is a clever and compact solution that would be great on the Evora let alone an Elise/Exige!

It definitely needs a smaller steering wheel though, which looks to be an expensive change, so need to do further research. However, all other parts seem reasonably priced which is a bonus.

I watched this Fifth Gear the other day which was an interesting comparison/buyer's guide to open top cars...

• Like 2