free hit
counters
Over 12 years in... - Page 5 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Over 12 years in...

JAWS

There is quite a lot of differences. The Brabus has uprated engine internals, turbo, induction pipes, a charge cooler and a big exhaust which pushes the power up to the heady heights of 101bhp :D (it is only 700cc though!). Plus a load of Brabus shiny trinkets bits. You're right about the 2 engine one which made it a V6 but wasn't road legal.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Very nice Jimbo. Can't believe you'll give up the Evora for it though. I'm a two toy gent these day with my Evora and Vauxus 220, you should be one too! ;)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I could never sell the Evora, it's part of the family and irreplaceable. Plus how would I ferry the kids around without it ;):P

However, judging by recent threads on here and a couple of mates now on the look out for one I think it would be an easy sell, especially with 6 x Concours and Show&Shine wins under its belt:D

• Like 2

@JAWS Congrats to the new purchase!

When you will drive topless (I mean the car of course ;-)) and you will hear a lot of wind noise, put some light jackets or so under the glas hatch, will help a lot - advice from a friend that had one (and also happy Elise / TVR Owner, unfortunately his one dies by a fire, mistake of the mechanic which does not fit the battery in the right way)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1i have a smart roadster to compliment the Evora as well.  not the brabus version, but engine mapped to same 105 bhp,

custom exhaust, and beautiful designed re trimmed interior, 

the turbo tweets/chirps are very loud inside and outside the car, which just puts a grin on your face ear to ear, using the boost gage, you can spend hours just playing around on and off the throttle whilst having good chuckle..

every one who ive taken out or driven it, starts looking on autrader to get one after...   

totally love it, as does everyone else who drives it,  very under rated car, brilliant to drive the country roads, great around town, 50 plus MPG. road tax 100, insurance 130..  and a dream on long distance sitting at 80.. although sitting level with articulated lorry wheels is er...........  exciting....   

when these first came out you used to fly in to frankfurt, hire one from the rentals  in standard form and blast it over and around the ring...  then return it :)

its easier to get in and out of than an elise, exige, more refined, handles just as good, but obviously not as quick and raw.

its virtually impossible to get it unstuck, on dry roads, if your half decent driver..  its like a very very fast go kart, predictable, 

IMG_0241.jpg

Edited by andyj007
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andyj007 said:

..every one who I've taken out or driven it, starts looking on autrader to get one after...

Totally love it, as does everyone else who drives it,  very under rated car....

Absolutely this. All my mates have taken the piss out of it but everyone who's had a go in it has thought it to be a right laugh. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Forge dump valve for added comedy value.:lol:

• Gold FFM
On 12/04/2017 at 07:50, JAWS said:

Also, a piece of advice, don't put your Evora away for 3 months with wet discs...

58edcb72942f2_2017-03-1015_46.30-01.thumb.jpeg.7b433b792a3cd67036040eddd0a6f182.jpeg

... and then find the starter motor has failed so you have to get the rear wheels up onto dollies and drag it out through a narrow opening onto a flatbed!  To be fair, it's the only failure on the car in 6 years and it was a German part that failed ;)  and Lotus replaced it FOC even though it was outside warranty

image~18.jpg 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I managed to spend a bit of time sorting a couple of issues I've been putting off due to enjoying road trips and Car meets of a weekend.

Firstly was the intermittent/fluctuating temperature reading on my instrument pack. I thought it might be the IP itself being dicky as it wasn't affecting performance and the reading via OBD and torque app was stable. Cocopops recommended changing the temperature sensor which being a £5 part on Amazon was worth a shot. Hey presto it worked - cheers Lee:thumbup:. It is quite awkward to get to,  you need to remove the Airbox lid. However, I thought it would be a good time to clean the K&N air panel filter so 2 birds with 1 stone. The only thing I've noticed is the reading at 80c is about a third up on the IP where before it was just under the half way mark but at least it's a stable reading.

The next item on the list was changing the mudflap brackets to Miguel's stainless steel ones. What a bitch of a job it is to remove the old rusty remnants:veryangry:

20170512_144210-01.thumb.jpeg.d3b19f8ab1c8723555dc84c40651baf4.jpeg

In all it took me about 7 hours from start to finish (including beer breaks;)). On a positive note though it still looks brand new behind the wheel arch liners..

20170512_165715-01.thumb.jpeg.3a1e6db82f8f23aa18984487065a2296.jpeg

I can't recommend Miguel's brackets enough, they are a spot on fit - cheers mate. 

Next is to fit a decat pipe. However, I started and noticed one of the diffuser bolts has a rounded head and decided I couldn't face another weekend of drilling out bolts!! The hangovers are painful these days:lol:.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
  • Gold FFM

That's a cracking picture that @JAWS and I still absolutely love the shape of the S1.  From that angle, in those colours, the cars just look fab (although @Bibs car looks like it has been in a tumble dryer and shrunk!) :)

DJI_0003-01-1.thumb.jpeg.4413ff1068b333ac6400ae3774f8dca7.jpeg

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 1 month later...
On 21/05/2017 at 08:40, JAWS said:

Also, a gratuitous Brooklands shot....

IMG-20170514-WA0006-01.thumb.jpeg.4760afeb994407a6093dae0893f8cd34.jpeg

Following a quality Elise!! 😉

Out of interest anyone on here? 

I miss my Evora even more after driving @JayEmm's yesterday... probably one of the most underrated cars of all time! 

• Like 1

On 21/05/2017 at 08:31, JAWS said:

The next item on the list was changing the mudflap brackets to Miguel's stainless steel ones. What a bitch of a job it is to remove the old rusty remnants:veryangry:

I can't recommend Miguel's brackets enough, they are a spot on fit - cheers mate. 

Next is to fit a decat pipe. However, I started and noticed one of the diffuser bolts has a rounded head and decided I couldn't face another weekend of drilling out bolts!! The hangovers are painful these days:lol:.

Where does one get hold of these  brackets and is there a how-to anywhere on doing this, please? I'd like to get this done before it's irredeemably bad.

7 hours ago, EGTE said:

Where does one get hold of these  brackets and is there a how-to anywhere on doing this, please? I'd like to get this done before it's irredeemably bad.

Start here... 

There is possibly a "how to" guide somewhere, but essentially it's a case of taking the wheel arch liner and 'A' Panel off (keeping track of the spacers for refitting) and then drilling out the remnants of the old bracket. Then putting it all back. You'll need a screwdriver, spanners, a drill, new mudflap bolts and a rivet gun with rivets plus patience (and beer) :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Will these brackets fit the 400/Sport 410?  I had them on my S1 NA and would be keen to add them (with then stainless bolts) onto my 410 Sport now to prevent future problems.  I'm also thinking that over the winter i might look to change my undertray and clam bolts to stainless to prevent future issues too.  Seems like it might be easier to do whilst still relatively new rather than waiting till rusted in.  Thoughts anyone?

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Will these brackets fit the 400/Sport 410?  I had them on my S1 NA and would be keen to add them (with then stainless bolts) onto my 410 Sport now to prevent future problems.  I'm also thinking that over the winter i might look to change my undertray and clam bolts to stainless to prevent future issues too.  Seems like it might be easier to do whilst still relatively new rather than waiting till rusted in.  Thoughts anyone?

Hi Andy, drop me a line and i'll happily send you a set on sale or return -would be good to confirm they're a straight fit to the 400s. Still amazed the factory use mild steel.

On 13/06/2018 at 08:45, C8RKH said:

Yep, they still use the same bracket (although mudflaps are optional on the 410 ;)

On another note, my Evora battery finally gave up the ghost on its 8th birthday. Its the original battery so it had a good innings although annoyingly I was on my way to its MOT! 

Popped into Lotus Verheist/Oostende accidentally (took a wrong turning) on my travels, which was a pleasant surprise. Really worth taking a look at their collection of Lotus' and Thierry's an absolute gent.... 

IMG_20180530_150826.thumb.jpg.9ec7f7ce9e066d96859892c9688d16e8.jpg

IMG_20180530_151027.thumb.jpg.3fb367945f866e9fa0862b475419d882.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1