free hit
counters
THANK YOU ! - Page 2 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

THANK YOU !

alan

My thanks go out too to Bibs, Kimbers & Laura and Marie & all the other Lotus folk. Every time I looked round you were all organising something - I hope you enjoyed it all as much as the rest of us :D

I missed the Sunday events but met up with most of the 'Monday only' crowd at Spinks Lane (in my Focus :D ) and had a fantastic day at the factory.

It was great to be part of this event - the memories will keep me going for a long time to come :D

Cheers guys

Steve & Cathy

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always expected that this event would be a good one, however every aspect was in fact just brilliant.

The Great Yarmouth run and display was great with nice weather and a good attendance from the public.

Mike Kimberly speech with the questions and answers at the evening event was unmissable in itself.

The evening auction was great fun with a great bunch of people and for a great cause.

Factory tour was simply Excellent.

The small group meetings with Geoff and Brian were very imformative and great to hear the candid views of people who have worked at Lotus and on the Esprit for such a long time.

The Lotus Sport breifing was very entertaining and professionally presented.

The whole weekend appeared to run very smoothly and all the Lotus Staff made us all very welcome and look after us superbly.

All topped off by the fact that there was plenty of time to meet up with old Lotus friends and put names to faces and chat with people we've never met before in person.

A truley unmissable event. And all made possible by a small number of people which are all listed above.

Many thanks,

:D It did go smoothly didn't it :D What went wrong? :D

Thanks everyone for your kind words. The fact it was so enjoyable tops off the weekend. I have made many many new friends and a great big thankyou to our one big (cuddly) friend Bibs and lovely Laura. Laura was, you are right, the hidden star of the organising. Though me and Bibs did alot of the background sorting (hotel, days events etc etc) Laura made it happen on the day.

For those that didn't know the Esprit off the road was Alex, silver bullet, who aquaplaned at 60 and hit a tree after damaging 2 of his wheels going into drainage ditch first. Alex, we all hope your car can be fixed and I am speaking to the factory to see if I can get you a one off "special deal".

To top it all off you all got to see my drunken ramblings in person!!!! :D

We topped off the day, last night with 40 of us having dinner and more shandies.

I said this last night (slurringly) but the sense of community that was shown was truely astounding. I would like to think that in Bibs I have a great friend and made too many to mention! What was great was seeing the enthusiasm of some of our newer members like JediJohn and getting messages from people like superdave who have said that this really gave them a boost and made them realise how special this site and it's members are.

So to so many people a big thank you to you all for attending (especially those who came from so far away....Wayne, Rob, Jussi and Jussi2, Swiss Rob, Jimmybondi, Paul from germany etc etc) and having a great time, and helping us raise so much money for charidee. Thanks to the Lotus people for the great day, the old man for his attendance at a difficult time and of course the hotel

We had 95 Esprits on the Monday making it the largest gathering of Esprits in the World, breaking the record set the previous day. Enjoy the pictures all!!On wards and upwards as they say!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I hadn't mentioned about the accident to anyone. :D

Thanks to a heads-up from Jon and Red I was able to keep my eyes open for him and stopped on the M11... and Alex SilverBullet is 100% FINE - His back was starting to lock up a bit when I spoke to him after he got home but that was all.

I shall allow him to tell you all about it and update us on his car having seen it in the daylight. :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I would like to echo all of the above comments and just add another big thanks to everyone involved in making the past two days a fantastic experience. First time I've driven in such a big convoy - what a thrill! Only dissapointment was missing all the fun on Sunday night as I drove back to Cambridge. Are the esprit's lights really that bad or just mine!? Track was brill even though I seemed to be going backwards. Elise driver must have felt like he was following a tractor! Anyone recommend a good fast driving instruction course?

Many thanks once again.

Brendan

Oh and thanks alot Macmillan for not sealing the charidee buckets which are now upside down in the back of my car, with

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

What more to say than has already been said.

My only regret is probably not spending more time with/meeting people due both to Toni and myself feeling ill on the sunday night and slipping out early (however I feel from the sound of it that may have saved me much money in the auction :D ), and promising in advance to spend the monday evening with Toni (due to work monday is going to probably be the only day i get off this year what a way to spend it!) I do feel like I may have missed out a little on this side of it.

That said those people we did meat were fantastic and the whole experience was again fantastic we both express our thanks to all involved for bringing it to fruition.

Big Thankyou to Mr Basterfield for his fantastic gift......yummy!

I to would like to add a big thank you to all those made this happen. It was truly a fantastic event. What more can I say but only to support what has already been said & say...

WELL DONE ALL.

:D

Edited by dazmans3

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

I cant remember ever, having had such a great time :D , the feeling of being part of something so amazing will stay with me for ever :D . When I bought my esprit 7 years ago :D , I never imagined it would lead on to meeting such a wonderful bunch of people and making so many good friends :D . I,ve been trying to way up why this car is special, dont get me wrong I luv it to bits but it is just a car at the end of the day, all be it a bloody suberb drop dead gorgeous hunk of machinery, Ive come to the conclusion that what makes it so special is the unique special people that own and drive them. I,m still feeling very emotional at the moment ( bibs I need a crying smiley ) :( , so I,ll end this speech by sayng a huge thankyou to saint bibs and his lovely partner laura, kimbers, his dad for being such a true gentleman, all the lotus people, all the people who made this event possible, dave for picking up my car at the last minute :D , and all you guys and girls for just being who you are. May this club last forever :D Counting the hour and minutes to stoneleigh :D

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Hi Everyone

It's been a great weekend (Thankyou Tony, Bibs and Laura). Thankyou Papa Kimberley for the stories and to Lotus for taking the time to make us welcome. I've got to go back to work now to earn me some money for a lovely new Europa! X Louise X

^^^ Waheyyy...Louise's first post on here. She's now a sad anorak internet Lotus geek like the rest of us. :D ^^^

What a great few days we've had. Lots of new faces (and all of them friendly) Great to meet some of the people behind the avatars (although I didn't say hello to nearly as many LEF people as I wanted to!) as well as catching up with the guys and gals at the factory again.

I can't begin to imagine how much effort this took to co-ordinate the various events/runs and get-togethers that took place over the weekend. A hearftfelt thanks to all those who had an input into making everything run smoothly.

I'd also like to thank you, the LEF members, that made it such a friendly and relaxing event. We should all get together again soon.

I wasn't in an Esprit, I never went to the any of the events, i never even met any of you folks but.......... i just wanted to say that it was a truly FANTASTIC sight to see SO MANY beautiful pieces of automotive design careering around our track !!! It beats the hell out of watching the odd Elise/Exige beating up the track in the name of car development. Long may you all continue to own such a wonderful array of machinery.

I have been on some terrific days out, but the most outstanding thing about the Hethel Day was as Lisa said 'The Esprit People' What a lovely crowd you all are and the Lotus staff are equally as nice.

To be in the company of approx 170 people for a weekend and not one cross word, bad manners or any signs of an 'ego' , speaks volumes for the this fraternity ...... Thank you all .

As for Bibs, Laura, Kimbers, and the Leader (who should be knighted for giving life to Hethels finest road car )

I humbly add my thanks to the growing list for everything that was done for us.

As for the Lotus girls , We cannot thank you enough for the effort you made , you were brilliant.

Annettes gleam in her eye as she uttered the immortal words " Lets go shopping" scared me rigid as it reminded me of my Dragon and our daughter getting out of the car in Sloane Street during the sales........ :D

Thanks also to Brian and Geoff for their never ending enthusiasm.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

" I'll be back "

Mike :D

Edited by MKE40

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

I can't really say a lot. I'm knackered and quite emotional that it's all over.

It has probably been one of the best few days of my life - such a unique event for a bunch of really great people (everyone!) who have a common interest in a fantastic car.

Everything - from the little convoys that grew on the way up; the first view of all the cars in the hotel; Great Yarmouth; the evening; the factory visit and track drive and the evening on Monday was just superb.

I must echo thanks to Bibs, Kimbers, Laura, Troy (you DID do organising, mate!), all the Lotus lot including MJK, anyone else who I forgot (I'm sure others did organising as well) and really everyone who attended and made the time so special.

Looking forward to meeting you all again soon.

-- END OF WAFFLE --

Cheers!

Thanks Guys for organising the event, and a big thankyou to Glen (service manager) at the factory. I thought that you were under a load of pressure, which you were! but this bloke was doing 20 odd things all at the same time and kept it together, got my car fixed, and charged me 1/2 what it should have been (even without me leaning on him to much!!!)

All you guys are great company and just "ordinary and lovable", a big KISS to you all!!"

Just got back so first chance to add our sincere thanks and congrats to Bibs, Kimbers, Laura, and everyone else involved in organising and running such a spectacular event for us. Being amongst the Monday-only set its hard now to to look back and believe that in just seven hours: I saw 95 wonderful Esprits, toured and learnt loads about the factory, drove a Europa, enjoyed a couple of great forums (fora?), almost kept up on the track, had Lionel's geometry checked, got a new shirt, got copies of my cars build docs, learnt about the GT program, and even got Fran to the shop as promised (maybe not the one she expected)! I was only there for 7 hours so its no wonder we only managed to make about half a dozen new friends and say hello to half a dozen old ones.

Also thanks to Brian, Geoff, Colin and Nick from Lotus for making all of the talk shops that we went to really good - maybe easy with an audience of die hard enthusiasts, but given the glowing report that I heard Fran give when we got back, they obviously pitched it just right for the mildly interested too. Great effort, thanks.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hi Everyone

Did not get back home till late last night (made my flight), have to agree with everything said already, THANKS is not enough for all the people involved in making this event such a success. Makes me want a Esprit even more, made alot of new friends and will be back to meet up as soon as possible. One big personal thank-you has to go to Keith Barnes who drove me about in his GT3 all through the event, THANK_YOU.

I will speak to Bibs about the video record I made of the Sunday about making it available for all once it is edited.

Regards

Tom

To Bibs Kimbers and Laura thank you for all the hard work you put into organising this event. To everyone else who made it to Hethel a big thanks also for making this such a special weekend. We met some lovely people and hopefully we will see you all again at another gathering. Thanks to ALL the staff at Lotus Cars and last but not least a massive thanks to Mr Kimberley Snr. first off all for being part of the weekend and allowing the event to take place at the factory, but also for his input all these years ago into bringing this wonderfull piece of automotive machinery to us all.

Got back to Exeter safe & sound at 5pm-ish, after a 9:30am departure from Wensum Valley. Have just had a couple of hours of kip, but feel absolutely bloody knackered still! All that excitement squeezed into three short days... :D

I can only repeat what has been said so many times already in this thread: a fantastic effort from the the organisers, from Lotus, and from you guys for turning up with your cars and being such a damn friendly bunch. My head's a bit fuzzy right now, but I've just got this feeling I've taken part in something very big, something very special... what a privilege :D

All of it was top quality, and how the hell did it all just run like clockwork on the day? :D The track time was priceless, glad we had the pace car with us to keep things nice and gentle :D:D Brian and Geoff's sessions were excellent, Kimbers senior was such a nice bloke and his speech & Q&A were pure gold, and everyone at Lotus made us feel so welcome and part of the family. I was almost speechless (no, really :D ) when Mike Kimberley was wandering amongst the owners on Sunday evening, introducing himself and thanking us for coming... what a top bloke, and so genuine.

The fact that my 17 year old car ran without fault, covering over 850 miles of very enthusiastic driving, is not a surprise to me at all. It's a testament to the legend that is Lotus, and to the skill and dedication of the very people who've just welcomed us back into their midst. Thank you all so much!

Edited by dan_red89na

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Got back about 4ish today, all safe and sound, car tucked up in the

garage and then went up the pub to top up with the local hooky ale...

Personal thanks to Bibs, Tony and all at Lotus. Special mention to Troy

who although tries to dodge the thanks, stayed up late the night before

sorting not only the info sheets for the cars at Yarmouth, but some other

things that ended up not used, but will no doubt appear in the future...

Must agree with all said here. You could try all your life to pluck 170 good

people out of a hat, but you'd never, ever, even with infinate time, succeed.

We are blessed in this way.

I MISS YOU ALL ALREADY!!!!

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

MPx. You made more friends than you think :D

Tom (Smit t) did you catch the bus in the end?

Paul C, Top bloke and I never did buy you a drink. Sorry.

Jimmy. What can any of us say. You flew to Finland met up with Jussi, flew to the UK turned up knowing no one, were still one of the last to stagger to bed and even after all that you never, ever stopped grinning! Truely superb and what the weekend was all about.

Mad Mezza. I got home this morning, slept, then got on here. After reading 3 posts I couldn't see the screen anymore cause I was crying so much :D I think it was just emotion overload.

Dammit started again..........

Well my turn to add to the list of thanks. I came down on my own and to be honest was feeling a little nervous about meeting so many people I had only conversed with previously on this Forum, however I needn't have worried as I had a fabulous time.

I'd like to add my vote of thanks to the prior post regarding the Lotus girls, they were all fabulous, professional and extremely friendly, a big thank you to you!

Coming down in the NW Convoy I met up with Dodgy Dave, Graham "Backmarker" and Carl C, Nick and Dave Walters. Lovely people, looking forward to seeing you all again soon and being an "NMEG" member!

One of the best moments (amongst so many!) was the entrance into the factory and seeing the Lotus guys coming out to look at the cars with smiles on their faces, a special feeling!

All in all a once in a lifetime weekend, thank you so much to everyone involved in organising.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg