Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 45 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Few photos of the show at Ragley Hall today. Met up with the owner of the Alfa V6 powered air ride esprit, lots of interest in both cars, they make for quite a pairing. Check out the one off custom wheels on the esprit based around an excel wheel work done by a mate of mine, same guy who is looking at the reproducing a stronger upright for me. 

20160530_123134_zpsmnfmcvqe.jpg

20160530_123155_zps6qsovqwp.jpg

20160530_124731_zpsoaa3nhhz.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Has he re-painted the Esprit? or wrapped it? also how did he produce the wheels? Yours looks very cool of course! 

Wrapped. The wheels are custom made designed by a mate on solid works, then manufacturered in Spain, the barrels are made in the UK. They're unique customs and won't be replicated, however if anyone wanted a design made 'I know a guy, who knows a guy' said in my best Itailian/America gangster accent, baddabing baddabomb! 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It is a great colour - do you know who wrapped it? I am thinking of having it done... 

On 03/06/2016 at 21:38, CharlieCroker said:

Wrapped. The wheels are custom made designed by a mate on solid works, then manufacturered in Spain, the barrels are made in the UK. They're unique customs and won't be replicated, however if anyone wanted a design made 'I know a guy, who knows a guy' said in my best Itailian/America gangster accent, baddabing baddabomb! 

Shame they won't be replicated as there are a couple of hardcore Excel owners who would probably go for those to make space for big brake kits etc. Any idea why he wanted Excel wheels on an Esprit?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I think he bought the car with standard 15" excel wheels on the car, don't ask me how come, I don't know, but he loved the 80s look and wanted them as a split rim for a big tyre and bigger discs/caliper. I know the maker is not going to produce them again but would make any design if anyone had something in particular that they wanted. As long as those wheels remain unique he'll make what ever you need. 

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I posted, not had much to report to be honest everything has been hunky dory, just been enjoying the car. I did get myself over to the Fast Car Festival at Donington today and showed the panther in all its retro glory, did a whole 'time warp' display with, period accessories I've been collecting over the last few months, luggage, 70s fixed fin surfboard, shopper bike, 8mm film camera and vintage 70s magazines spread about in the interior. As usual went down very well with the public they loved all the little details. Urmm not much else to say other check out the photo, I'll post more when I get time. All the best, Charlie ;-)

20160731_093539_zpszq3uck7e.jpg

Edited by CharlieCroker
  • Like 2

Living the dream, huh? Looks great!

People must have been staring like they saw a car for the first time...

Only thing missing are 70s styled people!

May I ask where you got the roof rack from? Was there an original one available or did you fit it yourself?

Did the bike fit in the boot?

Looks like the right car for summer vacation in some hot country!

• Like 1

Roof rack was an five quid ebay pur chase, I modified it slightly to fit. Bike folds and goes in the rear. I need to take some detailed photos of all the accessories so you can seem better, other than that it was a time warp display. 

Love the display picture, surf boards look super cool, the lotus looks far more cooler to me than a vw camper :) glad to see you are getting out and about in her and all your hard work on the project is paying off.  

• Like 1

A

Really like the accessories you've got along with the car. I considered it for my Eclat for the shoes but couldn't really think of anything turn of the 80s to show. Instead, I've just got a Def Leppard and Meatloaf cassette sitting on the centre console :)

Great that you're able to enjoy the car and show it off to others.

• Like 1

I've spent ages and been very particular about the items I've been able to get hold of. I should have taken loads of detailed shots of all the bits and pieces, I'm sure you retro likers will love them, I was to busy riding around on my bike, of which I hasten to add seemed to attract loads of attention alone, I spoke to one chap for a good half hour about the wonderful engineering of the 3 speed sturmey archer hub! As soon as I get time I'll post them. Here's a nice panoramic shot of the show, great show by the way, I was a little shy to introduce myself the the official lotus stand but I saw a few 'lotus' guys pointing and smiling as they walked past my car.

20160731_115627_zpszzpoxnyt.jpg

Edited by CharlieCroker

• Gold FFM

Looking good Charlie. really pleased she and you are now getting the recognition you both deserve after all the effort that went into getting  the Panther looking so good. Well done bud and keep racking up the smiles, miles. Well ok, both.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm off to trax tomorrow, here's a video and interview they did of me and the car last year, the car has changed a fair bit since then, will post some photos tomorrow, all the best, Charlie :-)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154656382514558&id=9869864557