Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 46 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

mazza engine?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

please not! Get another one if you want to do that....

electrics on a lotus are tricky enough without adding mazza into the mix.

GL with whatever you decide and keep up the good work

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

20 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Enjoy Traxlatelyrlie, and hope you have a smooth trouble free journey in the panther. :thumbup:

Never missed a beat, she treating me well lately! Heres a few photos

IMG_20160925_144836_zpsfzeez2pd.jpg

IMG_20160925_144901_zpso6vy6lwk.jpg

IMG_20160925_143338_zpsoygn4izz.jpg

IMG_20160925_143330_zpsndxuk3jg.jpg

She does seem to attract attention, for sure. Charlie being Charlie ain't never gonna turn down a great photo opportunity, ha! All tge best lads, happy sunday ;-) 

Great pics and looks like good times. The vintage magazines are a nice touch - may have to get one or two more to go with my 1979 Playboy.

And does the video camera work?

Glad you got there and back without any issues and the car is treating you well right now :)

• Like 1

Not sure if the camera works, didn't have time to check. Did come with the case, kodak film and instruction booklet thpugh and all for the princely sum of £6.50. 

I must say again, the car has been performing above eexpectations recently, took me 2 hour 45 minutes to get back, got stuck in traffic on the m42, but she never missed a beat, not one missfire, not one problem, even the ttemperature didn't get to toasty when in traffic, really was a joy and the air ride is great on a long run. Blasted past lorries, trucks and flew along at 70 at times, she sits happily at 65, 2500-3000, feels as if she could sit all day at that. End of shows for me this year, didn't do as many as I should have but all in all a good season, more of the same next year please! 

Bare in mind I have the fan switch on my dash so as soon as I see things creeping above 90 the fans go on and control things. As soon as I start rolling again I switch the fans off. Anything over 40mph on a free stretch (no traffic temp is around 80-85) sitting in traffic it will get hotter but as I say, fans on and everything falls back into line. 

• Like 2

Original Vogues, I've got a few and worth few bob now, I have original mint condition front cover, Jerry Hall 1975, Liza Minelli 1973 and wait for this, Twiggy 1972 amongst others. Anyway here's one last photo from the show.

trax-2016-silverstone-196_zps28b5jwyv.jp

No image manipulation as far as I know, professional photographer for fastcar took that, probably got some filter on the lens but I haven't buffed the car since when you saw me cut the paint back well over a year ago. However I do wax the car before every show, been using a cheap bottle of simonez carnuba wax, 7 quid for 500ml and it's lasted the show season, bottle is just running out now. I suppose each layer has added to the lustre you see there, in all honesty the paint looks great in the photos but in reality it has its faults, as long as it looks good when driving along that's good enough for me. 

Charlie,  Your motor looks even more stunning in that last photo. :thumbup:   Whats the deal with the purple car nex to yours with batman front wing blades are they to deflect pedestrians when he hits them . :ermm:

A

Very well known car on the custom circiut and social media they are known as Bosozoku cars, big following in Japan not so much in the UK but they have a following. Have a search, some crazy builds out there, think they derive from 'manga' comics, all good fun and makes for good variety at any show. 

I live in Japan most of the time  Charlie ;)  And have never seen one of those things on the road !   Plenty of American jeeps,pick up and a few custom 50,60s caddys but never one of those. :P  I am not into the  car scene over here though and do not spend much time in the big cities so live a fairly quiet life lol. 

A

1 hour ago, CharlieCroker said:

Very well known car on the custom circiut and social media they are known as Bosozoku cars, big following in Japan not so much in the UK but they have a following. Have a search, some crazy builds out there, think they derive from 'manga' comics, all good fun and makes for good variety at any show. 

Yeah, those style of cars are mostly at shows in Japan and not so much on the streets other than at festivals (the Coming Of Age Day springs to mind). Certainly an eclectic style though.

Bosozoku refers to the punk biker kids who think they're tough. Don't even get me started on those kids...

• Like 1

Crazy looking things but I quite like some. This is the car I was up next to, the car is called epic specials. Give the lad credit for  buliding what he wanted, good luck to him.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/13702944_129530210813228_2082190918_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI5MzcwNzQ4NDgyMTYxMzEyNA%3D%3D.2

Fair play to anyone Charlie building their dream car, If we all liked the same think it would be a boring world, but just cannot get my head around these cars, most of the time i can see or at least understand why people love a certain car design etc.  But this i can not, they do not even represent a car in my eyes, the purple one in Mikes post reminds me of a purple stacker truck with giant mcdonalds straws sticking out the hood, it looks like it was designed for moving bags of hops or grain round a warehouse with that valance on the front. :ermm:

A

• 4 weeks later...

Tiny update - bought a cheap airhorn and installed it this morning, awesome upgrade and for under a tenner, win.

20161022_112334_zpsvzvntlk7.jpg

Last show next weekend then a few upgrades pending if funds permit, vented discs and new wilwood calipers and a new radiator will go in over the winter months, all the best Charlie :-)

• Like 1