Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 48 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Dont let him Luke,  More advertising of the Elite will only push prices up and i have not bought mine yet , I know there is one out there somewhere with my name on it :P

A

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In a previous life before my job in turin, I dabbled with graphics, ha! Thought you chaps would like my take on a 70s tongue in cheek advert, had a ball doing it, enjoy. 

It's a possibility but only if I can find a self drive trailer, not driving it this time, went all pete tong last time! 

The Banana Splits you say, I don't know wtf they were on but watch this, as cool as any kids show ever!

https://youtu.be/XMl6HnhFFIA

Banana Splits? I've got my eye on a split but it's surely not the  one from tv.  Love that advert for your car. Nice retro look! Keep it up!

• Like 1

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Luke. Good to meet you and great to see the Panther in the flesh. I think it's telling, I only took 3 pictures today - all were of your car.

y4mjhTNDZ7hIShzKEz76nQFQJChX49jHp8U69tGU

• Like 1

Cheers Chris, like wise, nice one, those front on slammed images always bode well, hope to get down next year do it all again. Heres another photo, like there's not enough of the panther, ha!

20170507_152934_zpsnefjrkus.jpg

Some interior and retro objects pictures on the superfly feature (link above) if anyone is interested. Happy Sunday, Charlie  ;-)

• Like 1

Not as yet Dan, a few things got in the way and I never got around to it. I still have the discs and spacers so as and when time permits I'll revisit the upgrade. I'm hoping to redo bushes this winter so might be a good time to look at the discs then. 

Good day I enjoyed it, really helps when the weather's good, already looking forward to the next show.

Happy days

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't get to say bye Dunc, you were knee deep in esprit engine when I was leaving, thought I'd leave you to it, what was the problem? Great chatting with you, hopefully we can get a chat on again at the next show! 

No worries Luke,

Excess fuel pressure - either too high a pump pressure overcoming the regulator or failing fuel pressure regulator. Engine totally flooded, turbo plenum flooded, one tank overflowing - petrol basically everywhere it shouldn't be.... :-(   It went home on a recovery truck.

A lovely car recently returned to the road after decades in storage - I guess the lucky new owner will just have to bear with it for a few months ironing out all the little niggles a car that's been in hibernation offers. Be worth it in the end though as it looked a beauty.

Dunc

• Like 1