free hit
counters
Right then better start my '77 S1 project... - Page 47 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CharlieCroker

Right then better start my '77 S1 project...

Just a bit of pipes and some wires needed and they will be very load :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I hope to see that lotus v8 engine that been on ebay for months disappear soon then!?

• Like 1

If I could be bothered I could hook up a line from my air tank direct to the horns to literally blast out sound like a big rig, but they are loud enough as standard and compared to original electric horns they are such.an improvement I'd recommend anyone making the modification. I'd love a V8 but no engine swaps gunna happen now, a brake upgrade and new rad will see the panther ready for next years shows.  

Wow Charlie! Congrats, this looks epic!

You really thought of everything.

I really like the sticker on the air tank.

Too bad I won't be going to the UK for the foreseeable future. Would love to see it in person.
Season sadly is over for me as of tomorrow...

Hope you will keep me entertained for the winter ;)

• Like 1

Looks awesome as always Luke   :thumbup:   , The stripes look spot on also, what inch rims do you run on the panther ? 

• Like 1

A

4 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Looks awesome as always Luke   :thumbup:   , The stripes look spot on also, what inch rims do you run on the panther ? 

15s easy to get tyres ;-)

Never thought for a minute they would be 15 s,  They look much larger, i expected you to say 17s or at least 16s,  Must be the narrow tyres or the white wall,  They look spot on and still have a touch of the old stlye lotus wheel about them   :thumbup:

• Like 1

A

Hi Luke - looking great as ever. Have you spotted this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1977-Lotus-Eclat-2-litre-manual-ideal-investment-needs-TLC-Rare-Classic-/182477988450?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Must be sisters from a different father??? Only 11 numbers difference - cool

Go on, you know you want a pair :devil:

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Those wheels and wing are nasty! If I ever get an eclat it would have to be a contrasting colour, I had plans on a gold S1 eclat with pepper pot alfa romeo wheels a year ago,never happened though, one is is enough i think for now...

You've got a good eye for style, man. I don't usually like the racing stripes on a car but it just seems to match so well on yours :)

• Like 1

Cheers, wasn't done on a whim, couple of hours in photoshop to see what looked best, must have done 8 versions of stripes, but the simplest design seemed to work best, just trying to keep it fresh for the year ahead I thought they gave it a nostalgic retro twist!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlieCroker said:

Cheers, wasn't done on a whim, couple of hours in photoshop to see what looked best, must have done 8 versions of stripes, but the simplest design seemed to work best, just trying to keep it fresh for the year ahead I thought they gave it a nostalgic retro twist!

Kudos for you trying to keep it fresh. I'm just trying to keep mine running and on the road! Although I've a couple of new accessories this season to place inside the car for that nostalgic feel :)

• Like 1

A Starbucks man like myself. Good lad!

When I was in Japan, Starbucks used to be the place for a bunch of the car guys & gals to meet up, shoot the breeze and just watch the world pass by a little before heading off. Good times :)

• Like 1

I normally hate modified cars but I absolutely love your car. I would like that sitting next to the TE in the garage. Met a lovely chap and his wife today in Halfords car park after buying a headlamp for the Wife's Fiat 500. People just love them don't they. 

• Like 1

Luke, I was simply referring to the number plate similarity, which, let's face it, after all this time, must be something of a rarity?

I don't care for the wing or the wheels myself but I have to say, I love the interior!

Each to their own ;)

• Like 1

How did you even spot that! Didn't even give it a thought but good on you for seeing the match. 

I saw the ad and thought 'I'm sure I know that number plate' - checked your blog and here we are lol

Memory like an elephant!

I will blame you Luke when i come to purchase a Lotus elite when i finally have room for one,  As not only the old crowd like myself have grown to love the looks, but you will be putting the retro crowd also into the buying end of the market pushing up prices even higher   !      Awesome motor love it :thumbup:

• Like 1

A