free hit
counters
V8 esprit crank bearings - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
finlandya

V8 esprit crank bearings

Hi does any one know who might be able to supply me oversized big end and mains for my '96 esprit v8 crank. I need + 25 for the mains and + 50 for big ends, please some one help me !!!!!!!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

you could ask Mike S and Bibs, those have the factory background connections  ..the factory clearly mentioned that the crank can be 'reworked' to two different size grades. And as the partnumbers do exist -maybe a batch of oversized bearing shells is still left in the AfterSales-parts departement.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I know Mike S. had some oversized bearings made by ACL a couple of years back. They were "made from" some other bearings but without the notches to index into the bearing caps. Oversized bearing are hard to find.

The Older I get the Faster I was

I am working on a source for these. I have the bearings themselves.. but I'm just working on getting the machining done to them to make them fit correctly. (they are too wide)

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Sorted!!! Williams lotus supplied me oversized big ends and mains in some dusty looking,packaged in 98 original bagged lotus parts. Have more available, thanks for your help to those that replied.