free hit
counters
My experience! - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I can't remember everything that's happened over the past few days yet, it's not fully sunk in at what we've achieved but highlights for me so far are:

Picking up a nice Europa

Finding out how fast it was

Pulling into the hotel car park to see the first 10 or so Esprit's.

Meeting everyone, some again and some for the first time.

Hooning with Kimbers in our Europa's on Sunday morning.

Seeing all the cars in the car park again, more this time, many many more!

The convoy, what a sight!

Seeing the looks on the faces of the people in Great Yarmouth!!!

The stormtropers, amazing :D

The return journey with Alex hooning behind Justin in his amazing Sport 300.

The evening, too much fun to mention but thousands raised, perfect :D

Great company until early in the morning, great fun

Erm, the hangover, not!

The excitement as we head off to the factory.

The sight of all the cars on the road, car sex :D

Arriving and seeing everyone's wide eyes and smiles as we turned up, both us and them!!!

All day, too much to mention again but it was just perfect and seeing 95 Esprit's was a turn on plus the smiles, all the smiles!

My laps on the track in the track car, amazing!

The end of the day, and realising that we'd done it!

I wasn't planning on heading back to the hotel as we had plans however didn't want things to end so headed over for a quick pint to find 30 or so people still there. Had a munch and another pint or two and we left to get on with our plans but both Laura and I looked at each other after being in the car for 5 minutes and decided we missed our new pals and to turn around, book another night and stay for more fun, excellent move :D

Also folks, I'd like to hear of anything that you didn't like, think could be done better, bits we can improve on in order to make anything we do in the future better. Please post below or PM me with any thoughts, it's all good :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bibs, I'm not deliberately trying to big you up but I honestly can't see how you could have improved the weekend! The only small comment is that visibilty of the cars in Yarmouth was poor to the passing public, i.e behind a big wall. Maybe next time a car park more visible, or alternatively maybe a banner stretched between lampposts etc to advertise our presence?

Once again though only a small comment, I thought the event was superb and I'm sure an accurate reflection on the quality of planning and thought that went in backstage.

Edited by matkutub

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Ohhh if only you knew Mat.

Here's my Highlights, they tie in pretty much with Bibs.

Bibs and Laura turning up early Sunday and boy did they get a sight to turn em off :D

Hooning with Bibs Sunday, turning up at Besthorpe to 15 Esprits and knowing it had started.

Laughing my ass off as Bibs "I've been driving it gently honest" Europa Expired in a spray of fluids :D

Whilst my 150 gentle miles ( :D ) was fine......OK I lied I thrashed it but WOW!

Turning up on Sunday AM seeing soooo many Esprits. No one wanted to go in as every 10 mins more arrived.

Everyone coming up to me and introducing themselves.

The comraderie

Seeing the money roll in for our charidees. :D

Seeing my old man enjoy himself immensely, after what has been a few weeks where I thought he couldn't smile :D

Getting an e-mail from Brian Angus saying how we lifted morale at the factory.

Turning up Monday PM, like Bibs, for 2 pints and after 4 realising I didn't want it to end.

All the great messages that made me cry like a baby and made my wife walk off in disgust muttering about me being a little girlie :D

Turning up at work today at 6.45AM and spending hours looking at everything and thinking "Wonder when me and Bibs are going to tell you all that we have already discussed the next one!"

Enjoy!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Couldn't have gone much better. Only real thing for me was spending too much time on the factory tour looking at Elise's and then being dragged out of both Brian and Geoff's forums when we wanted to chat much longer!

You both did an amazing job. The auction was brilliant fun! Top job!

Personally I'd be scared of doing another one! As you'd be hard pressed to top it (Before 2009 that is)!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

I am really feeling bad that I could not speak to all the guys and gals on the meet. Too many nice people and so little time.... :D

As I am getting a middle aged, grey haired man (PaulC knows what I am talking about :D ) ...my memory seems to fade too fast. :D

How about the idea to set up a list (accessable for members only) with the names and pics of the faces and their cars?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Not sure how this could have been improved on. Only minor things that come to mind now.

A little disappointed with the Hotel. Something more stately would have been nice, but then again we'd have to pay for that.

Some help for Bibs with the registration/form/payment hand over would have probably helped.

Perhaps to help people mix and include people who were attending this type of event for the first time something like a Lotus/Esprit Pub Quiz in pre-arranged team could have been fun.

The Track Event get a bit mad as people scrambled to get on track. Groups should really have been organised.

Perhaps it could have been good to have an open forum with Brian and Geoff while the track event was running so any questions outside the talks they gave could have been asked.

In the end the two days were pretty well packed with events and Im sure we could have filled another day. Would have loved to have another evening drinking, chatting with other owners and listening to Kimbers Snr, Geoff and Brian.

Even if the next event is a repeat it will still be fantastic and you will do well to improve on this one !

Great Job Bibs and Kimbers for getting this together. B)

Some help for Bibs with the registration/form/payment hand over would have probably helped.

I thought I done ok there :D

Having seen some of the organisation that went in behind the scenes I think you guys had every avenue covered. The weekend was almost perfect and I can't see how it could have gone any better.

I agree that the hotel wasn't perfect but it was nice enough & it was great that Kimbers organised us the buffet & room for the evening. It would be nice to have had somewhere a little more scenic to park the cars up though.

My highlights of the weekend had to be looking out of our hotel room window to see so many Esprits gathered, the mini Europa Hoon on the way to meet a few of the others on the Sunday, going round the track with Alex listening to BBC radio 2 & deciding to stay on another night on Monday to join in the party :(

Well what ever we do next, it will have a pretty tall order to live up to. Personally, perhaps some collective help from us to lift the load and ease the burden. I didnt see any of you stop all weekend. So thankyou once again for your tireless effort. I think i can honestly say, it would never have happened without you :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Bibs quote: "The return journey with Alex hooning behind Justin in his amazing Sport 300."

As i did not at any point pass the legal speed limit, i assume 'hooning' is short hand for 'mirror, signal, manoeuvre'. (Bibs, pls bring the video of flames out the back of the 300 when we meet with the GT!). Alex, lets hook up and go for a 'hoon' in the 300.

Edited by jep
A little disappointed with the Hotel. Something more stately would have been nice, but then again we'd have to pay for that.

Carl,

The hotel was perfect for what we needed it for and they were the only people who would and could cater for our large demands. One group of people missed out in the thanks are the hotel people. The owner walked around all day Sunday just looking and admiring and the grin on his face was as large as on all of ours.

He admitted that he didn't realise how huge this event was!

To summerise, who else could offer:

A lovely quiet location, for us to spoil :D

Our own car park

function room for 150 that eventually fitted in 170

10 free tickets that strangely became 17 when 7 other guests arrived......anyone know who they were?

Collected money for us all week with tins around the hotel

Nice clean quiet rooms (unless you were next to fishy) that were good value for money at the cost

Cost was a major issue (we could have been at Park farm or Dunston but

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Carl,

The hotel was perfect for what we needed it for and they were the only people who would and could cater for our large demands. One group of people missed out in the thanks are the hotel people. The owner walked around all day Sunday just looking and admiring and the grin on his face was as large as on all of ours.

He admitted that he didn't realise how huge this event was!

I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and still both my wife and I have enjoyed the hotel.

We had a different picture in our mind before we arrived but once that was corrected to reality we only can say that this was the BEST place you could have chosen!

I spoke to the owner on several occasions and he was always all smiles and incredibly helpful.

The food was also very good and on top a very friendly service. Martin (the head waiter) was a top guy and also he was always there to help.

My wife also enjoyed the breathtaking views from the back. Superb !!

And on top of all that all our cars could park in one place. I wish we could do it again next weekend !

I don't think it could have gone much better to be honest.

I agree that maybe more than just bibs and laura doing the registration would have eased the burden a little.

The parking at yarmouth could maybe have been more prominent and closer to the centre bit. However this was arranged ny the council so not alot could have been done. Perhaps they didn't realise the impact 60 odd esprits can have on a town.

hmmmm one of the "new maybe called the esprit " cars for us to look at???? OK so I'm being unreasonable!! lol

It was a good and varied event with something for everyone. Well done.

So the next one is when??????

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Bibs, I'm not deliberately trying to big you up but I honestly can't see how you could have improved the weekend! The only small comment is that visibilty of the cars in Yarmouth was poor to the passing public, i.e behind a big wall. Maybe next time a car park more visible, or alternatively maybe a banner stretched between lampposts etc to advertise our presence?

Once again though only a small comment, I thought the event was superb and I'm sure an accurate reflection on the quality of planning and thought that went in backstage.

To be fair to everybody who helped organise the GtYarmouth carpark, they are all pretty much hidden from the road with the exception of the most dangerous one (that's the bit that should be a central reservation for pedestrians crossing the road, remember the bit where we had to drive though to turn around to get to the car park).

Andy

:) yep still smilling :( seeing so many Esprits back at the womb!!!! poor mummys belly must have had butterflies all day, an amazing site. The day for me i found to be all i expected and more, the talks were a good insite into not only what Lotus has done, but what Lotus are willing to do for us in the future. I personally enjoyed the talk from Brian Angus on the 900 series engine, taught me some things i did not know!!!!! What was the pinnicle of the day :( well thats gotta be going on the track for me :D to be able to drive me baby on the track where she did her first turn of the wheels, it`s like a dream come true, in fact i`ll correct that, for me it is a dream come true. And boy have i got the buzzzzzzzzz for the track now. As my good lady (Ang) said to me for most of the day, `your like a kid in a sweetshop` :D and she said i scared the s*** out of her on the track, can`t wait to take her on a full on track day :(

Many many thanks an awsome time i`ll remember forever.

It's very late for you Roger! Maybe we will be making it again but not next year.

Well Kimbers,

just one our later. It`s also late for you.

Thats fine. It was not an event you can organize every year. I think an exclusive Esprit Owners Meeting like that was, can happen all three or five years.

Have a nice time.

Cheers,

Roger

For all those that didn't see Roger he turned up from Germany, despite his wife's operation on her knee, early Saturday and didn't have a room at Wensum Valley. Despite this he was there Saturday and Sunday evenings and really showed us all what the spirit of this event is all about!

After driving many hundreds of miles from germany, Roger turns up at Wensum valley and leaves shortly after as not many are around. I turned up just as Roger was leaving and with my normal "You can't go yet" we got 15-20 together to chat and drink etc.

he was then very active in all aspects of the Sunday Hoon and Monday factory visit.

Lets not forget that Roger only joined LEF in September 06 yet already he was part of this spectatular event.

I have to say a big thank you to Roger as he was the first person I had met from LEF and I dragged him back to the hotel bar, resulting in what we all know, from this time together, as a bonding session that is very rare.

This then grew on the Sunday with Troy, Ngyen etc and culminated inthe Monday night where we dragged in Vicky, Paul C, Yasua etc.

At the heart of all this was Bibs and Laura, without who I could never have even started organising.

My wife, Wendy, is a nurse and to say she has been supportive would be an understatement.

So what we have is a big thankyou to everyone who organised, moderated, attended and contributed to the best event ever staged, I take my hat off to you all and say.......Lets do it again!

So what we have is a big thankyou to everyone who organised, moderated, attended and contributed to the best event ever staged, I take my hat off to you all and say.......Lets do it again!

Are you mad? :lol:

You do realise that, if you do another factory trip, it will be even bigger than this one. All those of us kicking ourselves because we didn't or couldn't go will definitely be there next time based on the fantastic job you all did.

Still, it would be nice to have another Esprit LEF factory vist to coincide with the launch of the new model. :blink:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Kimbers,

thanks a lot for your friendly words!

And thanks for taking us back to the 1st come together evening. It was the best way to become acquainted with you and the other LEF members, because it was a nice, small & funny group.

Cheers,

Roger

post-2005-1160910361.jpg

Kimbers... Are you pisht already?!?! :lol: On a sunday afternoon?! :blink:

"Ah luvvv yoooo" <hic> "Yaww mah besht mayte!" :P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif