free hit
counters
Lotus Miles - total - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Miles - total

madmezza

Can we dispell the myth of Lotus reliability :D by totting up the mileage that we did over the 3 days?!

I did 690 miles without a single problem in a car that's just over 19 years old.

I'm guessing on average people travelled, say, 300 miles over the 3 days - I reckon we're over 25000 miles without a breakdown...?

Stick a total in this post and I'll add them all up! :D:D

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did Bromley > Milton Keynes > Hethel > Milton Keynes > Bedworth Coventry > Bromley from Sunday to Tuesday. Thats well over 500 miles and included sitting for hours at 2mph in motorway traffic jams to circuit driving and everything in between. 20 years old and no problems.....the cars a star!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Erm, not sure I should post but...

Very nearly 600 miles but had to give the old girl a helping hand with the starter motor and lost second gear for a while.

Thanks to Nick, Dodgy, Wayne and Matt for getting the starter sorted and getting me home without any further assistance. :D

Thanks to Dermot and Dave and Jon for the advice on the 2nd Gear synco issue. It came back as I left the factory, but I've added to the ToDo list for next time the car is off the road. :(

I'd say about 300...

...and just to counter Carl's minor problem that occurred... being at Hethel made my car MEND itself!

I left home (and Wensum Valley monday a.m) with a stuck open wastegate and on half boost and arrived home having been at Hethel and on the track with it fully functioning and better than EVER before, on FULL boost, needle pointing straight up! :( (which it never did before!)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

470 miles and three and a bit tankfulls of fuel B)

I used TWICE as much fuel on the way up at 6am

playing with a skyline and a scooby on the M25...

...on the way back at one point we did not move for

40 minutes and i got out the car, walked across the

lanes and pi55ed on the crash barrier to an audience

of hundreds, what a road!

Anyone that uses that road every day really has dealt

themselves a poor deal in life, you have my sympathy.

:(

Same mileage as Lisa, about 300. But used half as much petrol :( LOL

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

about 435 miles and way too much opti v power stuff

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Same mileage as Lisa, about 300. But used half as much petrol :D LOL

I had to keep the revs up to compete with the noise of those roaring v8s :):(:(:):D , I couldn,t hear my engine in the car park, wasn,t sure whether it was actually running or not :P

lady esprit drivers do it fast and furious

fahr03.gif 1st lieutenant to the Fearless red squadron

Erm....7 miles....and then 20 in Hooning about with Bibs....and then 7 more....which broke it :(

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I had to keep the revs up to compete with the noise of those roaring v8s :(:):(:):D , I couldn,t hear my engine in the car park, wasn,t sure whether it was actually running or not :D

Mmm. Im not sure i belive that Lisa! :P

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg