free hit
counters
A big 'Thank you' - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

A big 'Thank you'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nice one Bibs!  :thumbsup:

I'll have to call by more often (sorry!)

Iain

BTW - Elise is now at 213,000 miles and still making me smile :)

• Like 1

Respect Boss  :unworthy: .  All your policing helps it from degenerating like other places.  

Just a shame so few feel like putting their hand in their pocket to help with the costs by signing up and spending less than a round of drinks…….

• Like 1

It's well worth signing up on here the info and experience especially on the older cars is priceless, however I'm sure alot if it is open to public viewing, wouldn't be a bad thing for dealers to promote it when they make a sale.

Great to be a part of it.. Thanks Bibs!

Just a shame so few feel like putting their hand in their pocket to help with the costs by signing up and spending less than a round of drinks…….

Echo that, I've saved more than the cost of membership already!

• Like 1

Glad I've been able to help as well.

Kudos Bibs :thumbsup:

Well done BIBS, I bit the bullet a few months back and well worth the few quid, pity more dont do the same.

Power to you, your the man.

Edited by johnpwalsh

There have been a good number of FFM's sign up over the past couple of weeks too so thank you to you all aswell. It's not free running such a big and busy site and your contributions help cover the costs. Quite a few new members who are upgrading too, it's really nice to see and puts some of the long termers who get a lot from TLF to shame if I'm honest.

Just FYI, the dedicated server managed hosting costs TLF £330/month, which is worth it as they're an excellent hosting company and allows us to have tonnes of capacity and even offer a lot of other Lotus clubs free hosting accounts. Not only are you benefiting TLF but a good number of other people in the Lotus community altruistically too. We host the websites/emails etc for Lotus Elan Central, Autobahn Stormers, NORLOG, North Texas Lotus Club and the SoCal Lotus Club all for free with no expectations in return. There are details of this on our 'About Us' page and even with those sites the server load never much reaches over 1-2% so there's still plenty of capacity for out TLF visitors and more. 

That's great news. In comparison to other sites, TLF always seems more of an 'enthusiasts' led site and it shows in the quality of the posts. Well done to all.

1-2%? Are you sure it's even on? I suppose that means i can now upload my three hour film on wheelnuts...

1-2%? Are you sure it's even on? I suppose that means i can now upload my three hour film on wheelnuts...

Oooo. Would that be like a WI presentation on teatowels?

At least something is bucking the global trend of gloom and doom.

Long live LEF.   Sorry...  The Lotus Forums.

Well done Bibs. :thumbsup:

Haha, LEF. That was a while ago! didn't you live in the UK then Simon?

Well done Bibbo. Been here for donkeys years and it's a true reflection on you (and Laura) that it goes from strength to strength and is so welcoming.

Long may you and it continue!

Hi Bibs,

Are there going to be photos added to the esprit parts found in the online parts shop? :)

Especially the Giugiaro parts ;)

Haha, LEF. That was a while ago! didn't you live in the UK then Simon?

Well done Bibbo. Been here for donkeys years and it's a true reflection on you (and Laura) that it goes from strength to strength and is so welcoming.

Long may you and it continue!

UK From 97 to 06. And was priveliged enough to be around at the birth of LEF.

Outstanding Bibs, well done. I joined LEF in 2005 (member number 825 I think), just after I got my first Esprit and thought it was great then but to witness the growth and respect the site now has is a testament to your hard work and the Lotus community at large. As an enthusiast's resource I doubt it can be beaten and I am proud to have helped one or two folk myself along the way.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

Must echo your comments Mark but from the receiving end more than the giving, the advice and help I have had through the forum is for sure priceless and prevented me from giving up on the beast several times even though she has  let my down once again. One things for sure though, she will be the best mechanicaly sorted S3 currently for sale once ethe new water pump is fitted and donta ask me what I have spent on her in the last 18 months as the wife goes on the site as well and it could lead to a messy divorce. lol. 

Mark,

I joined in 05 as well! And to add to your comments, Also been a great resource of friendship as well. No matter how far people are away there's always a joke, a chat or a shoulder available.

Nah Kimbers, dont believe a word, always to serious on here, or is that me taking the piss out of those of you from Englandshire, soon to to be listed as a former section of Scotland. thats once the wall is rebulit of course by our immigrant friends from Poland, Romania, Lithuania, etc. etc.

Certainly come a long way from the original yahoo mailing list(s). First the split from the US list then the shock of moving away from emails to a forum base. Oh the horror! Turned out well though, eh Bibs? :)