free hit
counters
A big 'Thank you' - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

A big 'Thank you'

Congratulations and good news about the member sign-up boost.

I just don't know how you find the time to run the forum, be the most prolific poster, keep in touch with the factory, run the shop, and run your own business.  It must be true that you are several people in real life, possibly each named  "Bib" hence the name "Bibs."

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well done Bibs and Laura. But, who is the real Bibs, guess you weren't Christened that.

Guest surferphil

Its a damn good forum and only because you put the time and passion into it!  :thumbup:

Now go and buy a frikin Lotus!  :innocent:

Over 6,500 unique visitors to the site today! That's a lot of people! :blink:

Wow - impressive! Was that a record?

Have you also seen a good number of sign ups along with?

It's not an overall record but it's still a huge up on the usual daily average of between 4,500 and 5,000. Makes a nice spike in the stats graph! 

We've had around 25 new members sign on this weekend which is higher than usual, we've got over 13,000 registered members now! 

how do the numbers work for the likes of someone who stays loged on, does that count as only one as I just log on, when I come back from Kaz and stay on untill I leave again a month later.

Well done Bibs & Laura! 

Just goes to show what a fantastic resource this is for all of us who have been bitten by the Lotus!

Only one other comment I have to make is that there are costs involved in running the forum and for the sake of a few quid, it would be nice to see regular users who don't have a full forum membership sign up so that there is scope to improve things even further.

Once again well done to all, Bibs, Laura, moderators etc. :unworthy:

John...

Unique visitors refers to the number of distinct individuals requesting pages from the website during a given period, regardless of how often they visit. When an individual goes to a website on Tuesday, then again on Wednesday, this is recorded as two visits from one visitor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique_visitor

Great news Bibs but I'm not at all surprised.

Onwards and upwards in 2014!

Great news Chief! Echo everything said above.

Hi Gordon, totaly agree with your comments, more should take out full membership, it pays dividends in information alone.

Over 6,500 unique visitors to the site today! That's a lot of people! :blink:

Keep an eye on whether the Evora Long Term Test report gets a spike or two over the coming few hours.

I daren't say I don't understand what Bibs has posted as he will go into some techo spiel about it, which I won't get. :getmecoat:

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? Within minutes of 'Impasse' posting the link to the TLF long term Evora test on PH @ 10.53 you get that traffic spike from PH re-directs. There is obviously a lot of interest in the Porsche vs Lotus debate. But as one poster on there says, can't we all be friends? Oh, that was me....

They are all wonderful cars and we should be grateful we get the chance to own/drive them.

I've just added an Alexa rankings widget to the top of the forum sidebar which shows we're currently busier than Lotus!! :D

post-1-0-71997000-1401357683.png

Crikey! that's awesome.

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? Within minutes of 'Impasse' posting the link to the TLF long term Evora test on PH @ 10.53 you get that traffic spike from PH re-directs. 

I've heard that Impasse fella is very influential in the Lotus world. Handsome too, by all accounts.

So those figures are wrong? Is that what you're saying, because everything else on this page seems 100% accurate...