free hit
counters
Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was mentioned at the start of the thread but with no picture so here's one of my Essex Esprit.  

I’ve had three over the years.

1995 Esprit I own, is the last S4s ever imported to USA.

Posted Images

I bought GFM 100G  to put on the S1.......

GFM: Gordon Frank Masson

100G: Chassis Number

Well pleased, I came on here and everyone said "you cant change the original plate that was on the car for the press pictures"

I conceded that they were right so it went on the GT3 and LFU 972R stayed on the S1.

post-237-0-06563000-1394194959.jpg

post-237-0-27938200-1394195425.jpg

I parked next to a Lotus Carlton at Donnington when I first bought my S2. It had the plate B33AST (BEAST) I think, which was appropriate. I'll try and dig out the photo at some point.

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

My first Esprit had an "ooohhh errrr missus" registration which caused wry amusement when I bought it.

It then summed up my own feelings when I wrote it off on black ice back in 2008  :huh:

12012008004_zps4176f703.jpg

First time I've seen that car Mark. Heard the story only. Did you see my will it polish out post in general lotus motoring section. Do you have a habit of bad parking

I'd vote for MR 10TUS myself or even Bingokings FI 10TUS though.

When I first went to MMC for the first Evora with OO07 ALN they double checked it was for a Lotus and not one of their Aston's. I'll maybe have to aspire to one sometime! It would have been [email protected] on a Porker if I'd stayed with them!!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I did think about polishing it out Al, seriously. But then walked round to the nearside...

Shipped it to Hethel. Body shell was almost completely detached. Parts alone (no VAT, paint or labour) - £27,000 ish. Plus the chassis needed straightening. But it did its job - no damage to me whatsoever.

12012008_zps01f7f023.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

Interesting line :lol:

:welcome: by the way :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've just seen S2 XGE on a Yellow one. Looked great, and let me know what the car was :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

That's Nick Nunn, he's not to be trifled with! I think he spent the last few years as paid security in Afghanistan, he just seemed to be permanently caked in guns! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Mine has received a good amount of positive attention...

ij80.jpg

I see what your getting at here. Only got it on the second look though.

I honestly looked at it and the first thing that sprung to mind was SPINCTER.... SPYNHTR...?

Bummer hey! Sorry...... Just had a good 'ring' to it :hrhr:

Edited by Simon350S
  • Like 1

Chunky Lover

• 1 year later...