free hit
counters
Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus

They make it a little easier Downunder. From time to time they bring out a new format and if you're quick, you can get some interesting number/letter combinations.

I've had "ELAN" and "E5PRIT".. and ...er.... for my daily driver... FI35TA :blush:

ELANPlate.jpg

Some plates are more SU37LE than others :P

Seen recently on a Lambo... WHTEVR

Edited by Qavion
  • 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was mentioned at the start of the thread but with no picture so here's one of my Essex Esprit.  

I’ve had three over the years.

1995 Esprit I own, is the last S4s ever imported to USA.

Posted Images

That'll be Kalli :)

PS, Canyon Red is the name of the colour.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I'll leave my 'miserable attempt' here for you to consider. I describe it so because at least once a day, somebody points and utters "look at that Ferrari", :wallbash:.

post-15502-0-28865600-1440416544.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was on a P prefix original reg until the previous (short term) owner got hold of it. It's cool for a V8 - LOT V8 - but I am very wary of misrepresented number plates, having done some contract IT work for a police force and seeing how often the subject comes up on their intranets. I don't need them to have an excuse to pull me over!

post-18669-0-47084400-1441746034.jpg

So now it has legal plates, but I think that it still works. L(otus) 3(sprit) T(urbo) VB(8)?

post-18669-0-04396300-1441746082.jpg

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

My contribution. Just need to space the numbers a bit.

post-225-0-47368300-1441748182.jpg

And this one was for sale with my Elan when I bought the car, but I didn't want another number plate. I think it's still for sale.

post-225-0-45614600-1441748375.jpg

Elan now on this number

post-225-0-61788300-1441750748.jpg

I did offer a substantial number of £K for LOT1S but he wanted considerably more.  Around £15K if anybody interested, and no I'm not on commission!  My offer is still on the table if it doesn't sell, but I doubt I'll ever hear from him as it will go eventually.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

And this one was for sale with my Elan when I bought the car, but I didn't want another number plate. I think it's still for sale.

attachicon.gifNDS4620168_LOT1S_7.jpg

This plate is still around. Was offered this yesterday. Didn't ask the price as I was not interested.

Here's one for sale on DVLA for an Elan Nut £599

Sorry not an Elan but it is a Yellow Lotus.

post-225-0-98524700-1441828142.jpg

That explains it.

When the car was first advertised on here by a new member LOTIS, the number was being sold with the Elan. I wasn't sure how much they were looking for for both but when I went to see the car I was told that they were being sold separately, which I was pleased about as I don't need another number plate. As Al. has said they are looking for £15k for the number which I think is a bit rich, but I am sure it will appeal to someone at that price.

Personally think you've got to be a bit dumb to pay anything at all for LOT1S on a LOTUS. Saw a guy with PAJ1S on a Porsche at the weekend (hello Paul!) with dark tape turning the J illegally into a U, presumably to make it PAULS. But to me it will always look like PAJIS, or PAUIS at best - and LOT1S will always be a dumb misspelling.

Perhaps I'm being harsh!

I think you are being a tad harsh :). I agree for personalised plates that attempt to spell a name (and usually fail) but if you can find one within the confines of the DVLA rules (you know what i mean) then on the right car make or model it can be quite eye catching. I'm very happy with my Lotus Exige with the registration L70TUS