free hit
counters
Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
The Pits

Best number plate you've seen on a Lotus

I think being very harsh.  Well I would wouldn't I having offered more than I considered sensible for it!   :harhar:  :help:

However without having to spread the reg out, misrepresent it in any way, or put in black bolts or conversely yellow or white bolts strategically it says Lotus out loud so to speak.  I am also sure a great many punters wouldn't even clock it was wrongly spelt if half my staff's spelling is anything to go with!!  :no  :hrhr:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Personally think you've got to be a bit dumb to pay anything at all for LOT1S on a LOTUS. Saw a guy with PAJ1S on a Porsche at the weekend (hello Paul!) with dark tape turning the J illegally into a U, presumably to make it PAULS. But to me it will always look like PAJIS, or PAUIS at best - and LOT1S will always be a dumb misspelling.

Perhaps I'm being harsh!

Well, Paul would better not travel to the sunny Spain in that car. That sounds quite close to wank/wanker in Spanish...

• Like 1

Well, having seen some of his overtaking manoeuvres...........

Anyway, surely some of you middle-aged mid-life crisis types also own a Yamaha YZF-R1 motorbike? Or know someone who does.

I'm trying to sell this as passing on the motorbike and have got the plate on retention now.

Anyone?

post-17061-0-32205800-1441836911.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone remember seeing or knowing of a white G with the plate MIJ 007 (would probably have been anywhere between Manchester and Shrewsbury)

I think that car was up for sale with swlc - didn't include the number plate though

Only here once

I think that car was up for sale with swlc - didn't include the number plate though

Wow ok, didn't actuslly expect any leads. what's swlc and do you remember when? The owner of that reg did keep it but that was over 20 years ago

I'm sure it was on a white g esprit - about 3-4 months ago - might be wrong - but it sure was a 007 bond style no plate. The plate was not included in the sale

Only here once

That was BIG 7007. Used to be owned by a guy in here. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

That was BIG 7007. Used to be owned by a guy in here. 

Thats it...... My bad

Only here once

Lotes? Nice ass :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

If you count the Type 116, then my Supercharged VX220 has the plate:   X220 SC

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

@John cannon your Excel looks fab, is that silver with red trim? 

I have been using my '86 all week, just magical. 

• Like 1

My number plates.

9C786199-F68D-4A66-B1C8-4F6EF45E02D0.jpeg

E5E00784-7538-4C4F-9B7E-489482F32C09.jpeg

4368F778-9A84-44A3-A6EC-64857FE3CDA1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

50725D7D-8A3F-4E0A-B454-28F78D3FA530.jpeg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

So my Eclat  has always been a "NAKeR". That's its original number plate! (DVLA must have known!)    My Esprit as it is now, and what is was like in the USA.

both cars.JPG

3.jpg

• Like 1

I'm being told that I should space it differently, but I still quite like DC "TEN" TUS

IMG_1677.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1