free hit
counters
LEGS Breakfast meeting @ Inchyra Grange Hotel & Spa 6th April - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

LEGS Breakfast meeting @ Inchyra Grange Hotel & Spa 6th April

bingoking

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum. I will add you to the mass PM list so that you will receive information of our future events. There is a diary of events on the main forum page which will give you some idea of what we are up to this year.

You and your wife will be more than welcome, see you on Sunday.

1. bingoking + 1
2. Kar07 +1
3. Sharron & Dave
4. Liam+2
5. Mike C +1
6. Brandon
7. miket +1 

8. wizard + 1

9. Chris & Becca

I'll be sneaking in and parking at the back in the SLK again...

1. bingoking + 1
2. Colin G
3. Kar07 +1
4. Sharron & Dave
5. Liam+2
6. Mike C +1
7. Brandon
8. miket +1 

9. wizard + 1

10. Mark Ryan + 1

11. Hedgerley + 1

I'll be sneaking in thanks to the stealth paint that makes me invisible... just for 15-20 mins to say hello as gotta be elsewhere by 10.45ish.

1. bingoking + 1
2. Colin G
3. Kar07 +1
4. Sharron & Dave
5. Liam+2
6. Mike C +1
7. Brandon
8. miket +1 

9. wizard + 1

10. Mark Ryan + 1

11. Hedgerley + 1

12. Jason & Fiona (not a +1 in *that* sense)

Nice turn out! 

10154113_10202365483150667_550461780_n.j

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Actually 25 Lotus cars in total despite the Scottish Supercars event closeby at Krispy Creme Donuts. We had a nice breakfast when it eventually arrived as some of the girls are now being pampered in the Spa. There was a suggestion that there might be some female mud wrestling but it turns out that there is some kind of mud treatment which helps the skin.  :( 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81ngo/sets/72157643513528013/

Nice turn out! 

Awesomatious turn out :)

Thanks, Brian (and whoever else??) for organising it. As the shy and retiring type I didn't ingratiate myself with (m)any folk. I know everyone will think this a crass and sh1t suggestion, but I've found big clear name labels work at internet/club/forum type social real world events. Just for us newbies or shy types who don't know anyone - possibly even with the owner's car model.

I'm the annoying twat at friends' parties who goes around with a booklet of Post-It style big pink lips and a marker pen and insists on sticking their name and some word or other on a label and then on them. Just makes breaking the ice easier rather than going up and saying "Hello. My name's Jason and I'm from Essex. If you were to take me on a date, which James Bond character would you be dressing up as?" kinda thing.

Just call me Cilla.

Good turn out folks.  Sorry I wasn't there.  I was thinking about you as I was working in sunny but cool and windy Las Palmas.

The name badge thing has been discussed very loosely previously but we never did anything with the thought or maybe just changed subject and forgot more likely. I believe Bibs is doing something for the National Meet at MBW on the 20th so we will get a feel for effectiveness there as the vast majority will not know each other.    I know what you mean about feeling Newbie and awkward and it maybe isn't a bad idea to canvas some sort of opinion on at the next one.  We could easily get a smart LEGS template I'm sure with a bit of thought.

Only problem is most of us are already dating Cilla, some of us for many years so apart from a keys in the fruit bowl 'event' :scared:  :sofa: not sure who you are trying to pair off!     :hrhr:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Im sorry I didn't min near futuremake but what a great turn out !!

I'd have probably sneaked around as well not having a 'proper' car

at moment don't feel worthy !!!

Hopefully make one in near future !!

The name badge thing has been discussed very loosely previously but we never did anything with the thought or maybe just changed subject and forgot more likely. I believe Bibs is doing something for the National Meet at MBW on the 20th so we will get a feel for effectiveness there as the vast majority will not know each other.    I know what you mean about feeling Newbie and awkward and it maybe isn't a bad idea to canvas some sort of opinion on at the next one.  We could easily get a smart LEGS template I'm sure with a bit of thought.

May well depend on the type of event I suppose. And generally having something other than just a name is handy, coz it needs to be a tool to start a conversation probably. Though I dare say there also has to be some responsibility for people talking online too. Crumbs, isn't human social interaction complicated.

But any newbie will find these type of events cliquey as it splits into groups - not as it's cliquey at all, just people naturally gravitate to people they know.

Which may well be the whole point of the events anyway. Just commenting as a newbie. I'd be happy to go up to people and annoy them if they had a name badge on with some other info on... "Oh, I see you've got an Elise, I nearly bought one of those, boy I'm glad I avoided it; I'm too fat for the seats. And you look pretty fat too, how do you find it?" ;)

Only problem is most of us are already dating Cilla, some of us for many years so apart from a keys in the fruit bowl 'event' :scared:  :sofa: not sure who you are trying to pair off!     :hrhr:

I didn't realise she was into polygamy. Or do you just mean you're all going out with slightly dated slightly faded stars who looked hot back in the 60s?