free hit
counters
Ken Dodd - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ken Dodd

basalte

Saw the great Doddy Saturday night in Croydon...a 3-hour gig - and he`s 86 ! As he said, "think positively-you can all go away from this knowing what a Hostage situation is like" .

And he didn`t tell any jokes I`d heard before either (well, very few) .

ie. "Doctor, I think I`m a dog"  

"Well, just lie on the couch please"

"Sorry I`ve been told I`m not allowed on the couch".

Classic. The last of the Greats.  

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Why did he just seem to disappear from our screens overnight? Was it the "Ben Elton" efffect or something else. Can't imagine people making him a pariah for tax evasion or whatever he was done for.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Yes i got caught in the 5 hour show in wolves... When we had the break i thought 

that was it, only to find it was half way... I would have left but I was a guest and it

would have been improper.  At the start he said the last bus's are at 12;30 and we

will need to be quick to get a seat.... ''Oh you came in a car.! well that makes no odds

the car parks are locked for the night at 12.00''.. 

This was at 7;30 and we all thought is was a joke........

On reflection the whole show could have been condensed into 90 minutes and it would

still of been very average...

PS the car parks stayed open longer for the show.....

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.... A snapped cam belt is less painful....yes it was that bad.!!!!

There were quite a few tax-related gags in the show -one I guffawed at  was "You`re looking at the man who invented self-assessment !" .

My wife had warned me he could well go on for hours but there were 2 musical variety acts interspersed (best described as "Hardcore Cruise Ship") who made the 3 hour show 4 hours..and we left the theatre at 11.40 pm ...and the parking ticket had expired by the time we left...luckily the barrier still raised.  No regrets !  

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm so glad I went to see him a couple of years ago in Stoke-on-Trent.  My brothers were too tired to last the whole show so we left at around midnight but we all enjoyed it.  I doubt we will see hs like again.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE