free hit
counters
Fastlane show. Corbridge. May 2014 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fastlane show. Corbridge. May 2014

On Sunday 11th May it is probably going to rain all day. That is because it's the Fastlane show.

However. I'm going to be there. Not least because I've asked Bibs for an official club placard.

Anyone up for a soaking?

ps. Just had my BMW stolen off my drive. Broke into my house while I was in and pinched the keys. Watched them drive off through a hole in my porch window. Cautionary tale, folks.

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The show started off pretty sunny, but the heavens opened about lunchtime with the anticipated heavy downpour that harrassed us off and on all afternoon. At least it wasn't as cold as previous years!

A bit late but some interesting cars there;   Still getting used to the shape of these but at least most seem to be bought in shades other than red;     An actual Daytona, full marks to the own

Posted Images

Happened to my old boss, they called it a burglary and we found the car at the local gypo site but the cops wouldn't go in to recover it! Bad luck mate, here's to a quick insurance payout.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hope to get there.

Do we need to enter or just roll up ??

Dont worry,be happy.............

Thanks for your thoughts guys, at least no one was hurt (i.e. me).

@ Martin; In previous years if you turn up in something tasty they let you through no questions asked.

I think Mark (Loose Cannon) knows the organiser, he might want to take over on this? Otherwise, I'll let them know how many we are expecting when the numbers have firmed up....

1. Andy A

2. Loose Canon

3. Martin L.

Current menagerie;

Testarossa Dave, lovely bloke, no introductions needed.

Sadly he is giving up the tenancy of the Dyvels PH next door, the most classic-car-club friendly pub for a hundred miles around. I think he is relocating to his other place (Heddon on the Wall?). We will have to ask him if this impacts on future events

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Got a e-mail from him today. Everything is go. Just need numbers. Anyone else?

Current menagerie;

Hmm, seems a bit quiet. Can someone (Loose Canon?) organise a pm to those who signed up for local events notification in the sticky?

Current menagerie;

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I've emailed 3 people I know, will send a few more out anon. What's the cost per car?

As far as I know it's free to attend in exotica. Certainly, I've never paid for entry. I have e-mailed David for confirmation.

Current menagerie;

• 2 weeks later...

No-show from Pat and his V8, Paul Claphams S1 and PhilW's S4 are only possibles.

Okay, thanks for that. Might just be us getting wet then.....

Current menagerie;

Peter Minto's S2 exhaust manifold has split, and not heard from Steve White and his S2 for a bit, he was in the throes of moving house. It'll be the usual standard of North East turnout for sure.

By the way I went to the first Metrocentre meet of the year last week, probably for the last time, it's been completely taken over by bobblehats, tattoos and twatted hatchbacks as far as they eye can see, no wonder the Yanks and Streetrods have mostly baled out. Sad, a victim of it's own success but been on the cards a couple of years now

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Guys. Show's on a fortnight from this Sunday. As usual, if anyone wants to arrive in convoy, I'll be leaving Brocksbushes farm shop and cafe car park (NE43 7UB) just outside of Corbridge at 10.30am.

@ Mark; I wonder where the Yanks and Streetrods from the Metro centre meet now?

Current menagerie;

• 2 weeks later...

As I predicted, the forecast for Sunday is heavy, blustery showers. No surprise there then. What is surprising is that I shall be there with brass knobs on (metaphorically speaking). Yes, Andy will be there in his "never seen rain" Esprit V8. Lord forgive me.

Current menagerie;

Thunderstorms !!!

Its all your fault Andy, if you drove your car more than once a year then the rain Gods would not feel the need to save it all up for this one day a year when your car ventures out...............

I will be there, I have arranged staff cover, if I have to pay them then I WILL be having the day out come rain/thunder/sleet or anything else the weather throws at us,( but not if the roads are covered in ice , the Esprit will try to kill me then, )

I think we really need to be on site before 10.30ish, how about 10am at Brockbushes ???

Make it 10.00am then. And, erm...anyone know how to erect a 20 foot by 3 foot banner?

@ Bibs, I was kinda expecting an A3 card at most! Wow! Thankyou!

Photos to follow.

Current menagerie;

:thumbsup:

PS Take cable ties and find a fence/wall :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Andy, I will try to think on and bring some wooden stakes ( I always have some handy as we have a local vampire problem)

if the wind is not too bad we can peg out the banner in front of the cars...................or sit under it in the thunderstorms.

@ Martin. Parasailing in a Lotus anyone? Stakes would be good!

Can all attendees pm me their reg no. to pass on to the organisers. Not strictly nec. but makes it official.....

Current menagerie;

@ Philip. Thanks for letting us know.

Current menagerie;

post-2504-0-50785700-1399898716.jpg

post-2504-0-47976600-1399898641.jpg

The show started off pretty sunny, but the heavens opened about lunchtime with the anticipated heavy downpour that harrassed us off and on all afternoon. At least it wasn't as cold as previous years!

I met up with Martin in his 350 at Brocksbushes at 10.00, and we trundled off to the show. We put the (large) banner up and were shortly joined by Mark (Loose Canon), and finally a fourth early Esprit completed the lineup you see in the opening picture.

The show had a good showing of Elises (see photo), as well as the usual top class marques, and the tarted up hot hatch brigade that were shunted to the periphery of the field.

When the rain started there was a mass exodus for the exit, which churned up the grass and caused gridlock at the junction as the road is only wide enough for one way traffic, and many were still arriving. It's a shame they don't have an alternative exit.

Whilst it is a big show there didn't seem to be quite as many visitors as usual, and I fear that if the show isn't moved to a dryer month it may not survive.

post-2504-0-68598200-1399900048.jpgpost-2504-0-00034800-1399900056.jpg

• Like 1

Current menagerie;

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.