free hit
counters
To all I wish you well... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
cjtpb13

To all I wish you well...

I have many fond memories from the past 6 years as a member of TLF...I have met many people from around the globe and with my business ( yes I still insist I am a poolboy ! ) I have had the wonderful opportunity of meeting many people of TLF in person.

Many of the people I had met I still consider friends. I  must say that without TLF a more difficult time would have been had figuring out all of the nuances of my Lotus Esprit S4.  Time spent with Bibs and the gang at Dave Freemans replacing an engine was one of the most memorable and fun times I have had ever working on a car.  And I did plenty to my own over the years.

Unfortunately the dealership issues with my car took away much of the joy of my Lotus Esprit. It is pretty much all back to its original state after 5 long years of battling the Lotus dealership and the insurance company.  However in discussion with SharkSandwich ( Art ) he made a comment to me a few months ago, " that if I did not smile when I opened up the garage door it was time to let her go. " 

So with that, yesterday I passed the car along to its new owner who left my driveway in Connecticut with a smile. 

Thank you for many wonderful years here.  I will always think of a certain group whenever I have an evaporative pint !!

Best of luck to all and safe motoring !

Christopher

" International Poolboy "

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Shame!

Keep in touch mate.  At some point we'll again be occupying the same nexus in time and space, and I'd love to share a beer with you...

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

That deer and that dealership have a lot to answer for! 

Pop in from time to time mate, I'm sure your glass will still me mainly full no matter how long. I'll take you up on that visit sometime soon too :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Given all the challenges you've faced, it's not surprising that the car doesn't give you that warm fuzzy feeling when you prepare to go out in it, and so Art is right. You either have to be free to enjoy the car or move on and fine one that will give you that feeling, after being burned once I'm guessing that's not a Lotus. Christopher, happy hunting for the right car and once you've found it you'll soon know.

Sorry to hear Christopher, but moving on is fine. As others have said, keep in touch on here and best of luck with whatever you decide on next. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Gutted for you Chris but understandable.

Still haven't got to meet you but thanks again for the twinkies and the other penutty things too which were lovely!

Don't be a stranger in here.

Chunky Lover