free hit
counters
Porsche commercial - why nothing like this from Lotus? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Porsche commercial - why nothing like this from Lotus?

Lining the pockets of aftermarket suppliers isn't really going to convince Lotus to throw an Evora at you! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The internet also loves, above all, children biting each others fingers. Don't trust it...

Summarytheinternet.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Lining the pockets of aftermarket suppliers isn't really going to convince Lotus to throw an Evora at you! 

There was nothing stoping Lotus from selling a OEM supercharger kit to Lotus owners but it took 4 yrs. to happen and at a price point that made it DOA...

I asked Lotus to sell me the OEM parts in 2005 and they said no... Dumb move I'd say.

Lotus have dollar cars for R$D and show. I certainly don't need an Evora to drive but it would be fun to tinker with and turn it into a Ronin Edition...  :smoke:

I work cheap..

I think it's fast enough…maybe

If Lotus wants to be Porsche then it needs to attract newbies who aren't car nuts and who don't necessarily want to talk about all their mods all the time.

I've just bought a Lotus for the first time; yet 14ish years ago I worked closely with the company on their internet stuff, had a private tour seeing them being built, went to the HQ a few times. It's taken 14 years to suddenly realise I could buy one.

All my work for them back then was about finding out who they were targeting, the different parts of the business, the different people who may want to "interact" with Lotus and how they might want to interact. That was how we started defining the internet strategy.

I disagree that heritage isn't important - I wanted a Lotus rather than a Porsche because Lotus is British (well, was) and I see Porsche as actually being a bit naff in comparison. I think Lotus are better built and a more prestigious. I dunno why, perhaps it's just a sense of English pride. I genuinely don't know - but I wasn't interested in looking at a Porsche, or a BMW, or anything else. I went to test drive a Lotus.

I came away from the test drive not liking the Elise or the Exige purely because they weren't really what I identified with. They seemed to me to be for people who were "into" cars. I'm not. But the Evora, well, its looks blew me away and once I'd had a test drive I was sold immediately.

It's people like me that Lotus need to be attracting - and the Lotus video on this topic doesn't appeal at all. It's too much about the car. Porsche better understands the mentality of people like me and connects more with people like me, that's probably why they sell more - just I'm a bit more discerning than your average Porsche owner maybe ;) And I have the Lotus connection from my company's history so it sprang to mind.

It was a Vauxhall Corsa or a Lotus Exige. And I ended up with an Evora. Go figure.

• Like 2

Porsches are for those that want a well built somewhat snobbery bit of transportation.

The only emotion I ever got from the six I've owned in-between Lotus was the sigh that comes from deep down when the purchase check is written and the sigh that comes from even lower when you realize the deprecation in value once a few years has gone by.

Sell the car to drivers, it has to be about driving all others can take the bus...or Porsche

post-8085-0-58434500-1395359033.jpg

I think it's fast enough…maybe