free hit
counters
Greetings from Connecticut - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
racecarguy

Greetings from Connecticut

New here, as of today. Previously have owned a '69 Europa, two '74 Europa's, a 47, a Series I 7A, two '74 Jensen Healeys, and numerous twin cam powered vintage sportsracers. Currently looking to purchase a nice '86 or'87 Esprit HCI. No basket cases or total restoration projects this time! A car with documented service history would be great, but at this point, I'm just hoping to find a nice, presentable, original driver, that could possibly need a little TLC, etc. Black or yellow don't excite me too much, but I'd like to know what's available. I'm located in southeastern CT, so something in the greater New England area is most desirable. All leads greatly appreciated. Michael (860) 205-5566 cell/txt, or: [email protected] Thank you!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to TLF!   I'm not aware of any HCIs right now, but If I hear of one I'll let you know.   I hope you stick around on this forum!

Cheers,

Tony K.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Welcome again Michael. :welcome:

Best of luck in your search.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome to TLF, happy hunting  :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Mark. Just received your Welcome to the Forum. Thank you, although a bit disappointed you weren't someone from my local area with an '87 Pearl White over blue or red Esprit HCI you desperately needed to sell and get out of your garage! Yes, I had a rather unusual Lotus 47 in the mid-1980's. I was living in the San Jose area, in CA, at the time, big into vintage racing. and it was advertised in Autoweek, in the San Diego area. I drove down with a trailer, and it was sitting outside a reputable Ferrari restoration shop. Ended up buying it on the spot. What was unusual about it, was it had flared wheelwells, the front and rear bonnets had been glassed shut, and the nose and tail were made to be lift-off, and held on with dzus fasteners. Not especially attractive, nor was the full roll cage. The good news was it had the knock off wheels, Hewland ft-200 gearbox, and a Tecalemit-Jackson fuel injected Vegantune twin cam. I never got around to restoring it, ended up putting it back in Autoweek, and I believe it went to Italy, for a lot more money then restored ones go for now. Those were the days! I probably have a few pics around somewhere of it sitting out in my backyard.