free hit
counters
Fitting a tonneau to the 2-11 - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I'm about to get the official Lotus tonneau fitted to my 2-11. Does anyone have any fitting tips? I'm particularly wondering about the seal between the tonneau and the bodywork on the passenger side - is any kind of seal required? I'm worried about it rubbing the paint away from the body work edge. Bear in mind this is a lovingly looked after road car, not a sheddy race car :)

Edited by Neal H

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God how I loved driving my old MG Midget with the tonneau on! Winter blasts you could have your coat and hat on with the heater on full blast under was nice and toasty. Always felt like a single seater more like a d-type or something hooning around the broads in my yoof!

Dont know about the practicalities for the 211 but wouldnt think there would be any seal as such. I wouldnt have thought there would be any rubbing of the paint either but that thats really just me guessing! Even if your 211 doesnt have a heater Im sure you will enjoy the tonneau all the same.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

They're fibreglass. It comes in a few (3?) pieces and bolts into the car. There will be paint to paint interfaces so you'll want to invest in a roll of foam tape, better still helicopter tape and tape up one of the edges to stop them rubbing. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

ABC9O1718E0001.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Like the wrap around windscreen !!

You beat me to it.

Edited by mdw

If the screen was any bigger it would have needed washers and wipers which aren't in the spirit of the car. :)

Evora NA

I know it would be going against the spirit of the 211 but I was going to say I think the 211 would look nice with a screen.

So I Googled it...Actually I think this looks cool although I guess encroaching into the Elise territory?

http://lotusenthusiast.net/2009/02/lotus-2-eleven-speedster-by-premium-speed.html

Ok so old news here too!

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/27750-2-elveven-with-windscreen/

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• 3 weeks later...

Neal, is yours an original one from a lotus or one of these http://elise-spares.com/lotus-body/lotus-fibreglass?product_id=80 ?

If latter did it come with fixing kit ?

Must admit it does look cool and be interested if it provides more wind protection to ones head ?

Dave

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I thought about the ES one when looking for one, as it's obviously by far the cheapest option. But I'm a believer in "you get what you pay for", and it just seems too cheap! It's probably worth giving them a call though, from what I've heard they're good guys.

As it happens, I've now sold my 2-11, before having the chance to try it with the tonneau fitted :(

I sold it to Lotus Hedge End, so I expect it will appear in their showroom sometime soon (with or without tonneau fitted).