free hit
counters
Bought an Excel - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go:   With Chairman of Toyota:     With British Royalty: Note the wheels are pearl white. I was wrong!   Sorry, don't know why they are upside down. They are right on my Photobuck

^A little video from another Finnish winter event..   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAuvwzv8Gg&list=UUSarYSKgmfstPBHKEqzPDFw&feature=share

Thanks. It´s crap picture, but the only one I´ve got... Instead of thinking about the important bits, I am debating with myself, should I paint the wheels white or gold?

Posted Images

Using a daily driver for daily driver tasks. Picking up a new toilet and transporting it in the Excel toilet storage area..

post-6471-0-10728400-1415974854.jpg

http://youtu.be/1sw3KwX7UkY

Have forgotten how link YouTube videos here. In any case, here´s my night time experimentetion with my Excel. Will make one with proper engine sounds and drifting when get some snow over here.. :smoke:

Edit - Just paste the full address of the video, not the short one! 

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 1

:thumbup:

Cool video too :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Absolutely. Really looking forward to getting the new wheels on the car.. But I must wait, as running with studded tires on dry asphalt does no good to them, nor the enviroment.

Will make a proper video with engine sound and spirited driving on snow when we get the proper winter over here.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome video of a great liking car! Very inspiring too, as I'm restoring a 77 Elite. I really needed that! As we all know the cars can be a handful at times!

Keep us posted with another video!

• Like 1

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

Glad to help motivating you, Ken. I need to get some motivation for my Esprit Project...

Here are pictures of her in all whites!

The crap mobile phone camera doesn´t really capture the pearl effect as it should.

post-6471-0-01660200-1417613616.jpg

post-6471-0-49809000-1417613696.jpg

post-6471-0-68180500-1417613791.jpg

Edited by Finlandese
  • Like 1

Looks great! I've seen the 40th anniversary edition of the Esprit in that pearl white, in fact I even test drove one, but couldn't afford it at the time.

The best way to appreciate that color is in person, I'm sure yours looks even better than these pics!

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

• 3 months later...

Just had a reply from Lotus archives. It appears that my Excel is the first export market widebody car. This explains why it has the narrow body dash. It is also the only pearlecent white non-SE/SA export market Excel. They couldn´t confirm or deny any show car past. My question would be: Does anyone have any recollection of a LHD pearl white Excel in a car show in 1985?..

Edited by Finlandese