free hit
counters
Potato-chopped Europa - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Potato-chopped Europa

Even though Monday was an Esprit day there was a lot of Europa talk, being that it was the first time many of us has seen or driven one. And I don't think anyone had seen one being made up til then!

Many discussions on the styling, and I came up with a few ideas to that I thought would improve it a bit, so I've photoshopped it, as it's hard to tell until you see it.

So what does everyone think? Better?

post-1442-1161004825.jpg

Edited by Red

Is your seatbelt on? I want to try something

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Removed the vents and the L O T U S badge. I would also have got rid of the boot lock and added an Esprit type Lotus badge if I wasn't at work.

And I made it black just cos I tink it looks schekshe in black!

Is your seatbelt on? I want to try something

Guest Troy Halliday

The vents are there because there is a 2 litre turbo charged engine sitting in the boot. The heat has got to get out of there somehow :o

The styling in the flesh isn't that bad and after a weekend it had seriously grown on me as I know it did others. If anything needs restyling then that would be the interior. 'Light is Right' only goes so far. Adding another 20kg or less on a better interior would not cripple the cars performance. To my mind it would help on acceleration .......... well they might accelerate out of the show rooms a bit quicker :o

Have to say the rear vents have always been the down side to the styling for me, however bizarrely removing them makes it look like something is missing, how about some bigger vents, blend them all into one, without the strips???

I liked the Lotus lettering, but then I previously had an Elise...

Interior was so much better, but agree it could go further...

Guest Troy Halliday

The mesh that is in the Europa has already been refered to as cheep chicken wire by two different motoring magazines. However they did like the vented tail section. Go figure.

Not sure what I think of the Europa but the track car however is rubber clad automotive sex. If it was a man it would be the one that leaves the pub with a girls on each arm and the rest of the women crying because they weren't picked.

I asked several times at the factory if they would consider a straight swap but they were just not having it. To top it all of my new arch nemesis 'BIBS' got to go round the track in it. :o

Like this?

post-1442-1161015144.jpg

Sadly don't have photoshop so excuse the crayon, but I'd make the plate aperture less of a feature as well.

A couple more tweeks

By the way Red how did you get a clickable pic, when I tried to link to a hosting site a message about not allowing active pages flashed up?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Can you play around with the size of the rear tyres - need to be wider?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!