free hit
counters
Official Pictures now on line. - Page 2 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Official Pictures now on line.

No shots of my car :P

There is one of me, makes me look really, really pug nosed.

:D

There's also a couple of me - they make me look quite large :P:)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one of me, makes me look really, really pug nosed.

No it doesn't :P

Sorry.... let me re-phrase that....

No.... IT doesn't! :)

:D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

No I undersatnd the prices that photographers charge but with so many people ordering from what amounts to a single sitting, Look at it this way how many do you think you will buy now multiply that by lets say a third of the people attending. You do the math.

Talk about a captive audiance.

Troy,

Me and Bibs talked about this and figured it out. Costs for 2 pro photographers and costs on the day are

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

There's also a couple of me - they make me look quite large :P:D

What I meant was, I thought professional photographers could do all sorts of things airbrushing nowadays - I was hopeing they had removed the man boobs :)

"Great one of you and the old man, with the factory in the background"

Duely noted and a large copy has been requested.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Remember that the photographer owns the copyright on all the photos so you are paying for that as well as his time for taking them.

I would have thought if we're paying for the copyright we can do what we like with them.

Never mind anyway - I emailed John Parfitt asking if there were any better ones of my car as I could only find one on the list. Turns out there is

was pleased to see the old girl on the track

Alex, let me know if you want a print of this shot FOC. Don't know if it would be a nice or painful reminder, but the offer's there.

266393309_4eef9c3c08_m.jpg

Charlie, you don't buy the copyright, unless you pay a lot more!

Is your seatbelt on? I want to try something

Thats correct, Copyright is held by John Parfitt photography.

Had a Business meeting with John today and he said that he has been inundated with e-mails and calls. He has sorted big price drops for multiple orders so it's well worth a call/e-mail.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Charlie,

Like Red said you don't buy the copyright, the photographer "allows" you to have a single copy in return for your money. You cannot use the copy he gives you for anything else. For instance making copies for the family, putting it on the web etc. Of course in practice that happens all the time and it is, usually, not worth anyone's time or money to do anything about it but it is still technically illegal.

Copyright is a funny business. I believe Lotus will own the copyright to the shape of the Esprit, Elise etc. which is why model makers etc. cannot just produce a scale model without permission. Caterham got copyright (or it might have been a patent - can't remember) on the shape of the 7 to try to stop people like Westfield copying the original shape.

Richard

Edited by RichardN

if "we" or kimbers commisioned the photographer then copyright belongs to the person doing the commisioning not the photographer I believe

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

What a good Shot that is, i feel another purchase coming on! :(

I dont know about holding me up, more like having troubles hangin onto you............I spied under your

boot lid at yarmouth...looked like a V8 eater to me!...........this is the dry sump car is it not?

Very nice & one of my fav's of the w.end :D

Ps its alex.........pretending to be Bibs again!

yes it is the dry sump engine Alex, but i cant believe you had trouble keepin up :rolleyes: V8 eater :lol: I wish :(

Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

if "we" or kimbers commisioned the photographer then copyright belongs to the person doing the commisioning not the photographer I believe

Not with any professional photographer I have ever dealt with (which is not many, granted). The only way that the copyright would lie with the commisioner would be if there was some special arrangement made to that effect before hand or if the photographer worked for a company such as a newspaper where the paper would own copyright.

I "commisioned" my wedding photos but I don't own the copyright on them. If I want any more copies I have to go back to the photographer and pay for them.

Perhaps it's silly to have this discussion without asking a person who will know for sure. Perhaps John has more knowledge of this and Kimbers could ask him to clarify it for us? I know doesn't really matter as no-one is going to make anything of it I am sure. It is just for interest.

Richard

I asked John. His reply basically stated that it is the photographer who owns copyright to the pictures as this is how he makes his money. If you wanted copyright to a particular picture (especially an in demand one like the shot of all of us with the Esprits lined up in the back ground) the cost of the copyright would have to cover all the lost sales, hence it may run into hundreds of pounds per picture.

Just as an aside re copyright, model makers may remember Tamiya making a series of 1/12th scale plastic model kits of formula 1 cars in the 70's/80's. These were originally done without authorisation by the formula one teams but after a few years they started to cotton on to the fact that they actually owned copyright on their cars and started going after Tamiya for money, hence the series dried up and there haven't been any new ones since 1990 and only a few others in 1/20th scale. Ferrari have signed an agreement with Revell hence all the latest plastic Ferrari car kits are being released by Revell.

The sponsorship companies (Castrol, Goodyear, Firestone, NGK etc) have also woken up to the fact that any model with their logo on requires their permission. All this is having a huge effect on the plastic model car kit industry as makers are finding it prohibitively expensive to make a kit and pay off all the various copyrights which of course is even worse when we are looking at all the sponsorship logos & companies involved.

The original Tamiya 1/12th kits will probably never be reissued because of these copyright issues, making existing ones extremely expensive and sought after on eBay (I should know I have bought 15 of them!). Funnily enough the least popular ones on sale in the 70's (Yardley & Marlboro McLaren's) have become the rarest and most expensive now due to their scarcity. I've seen a mint 1/12th Marlborough Mclaren go for

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Ok so back to the original thread. What piccies you had? What deals have you done? (Mr Ring, I know you've been busy negotiating a block deal!)

Ok so back to the original thread. What piccies you had? What deals have you done? (Mr Ring, I know you've been busy negotiating a block deal!)

Not Yet 'PINKIE'

But I have one of you , you young Hoodlum..........

I know how Honda get sales from the Old Folk..................

Not a pretty sight....................

Mike

:angry::D:P

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

All this is having a huge effect on the plastic model car kit industry as makers are finding it prohibitively expensive to make a kit and pay off all the various copyrights which of course is even worse when we are looking at all the sponsorship logos & companies involved.

Don't these numpties recognise free exposure? :angry:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

They recognise "effortless revenue" even better though!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I wanted to buy couple "group photos" but I'm not sure which ones are the best and can't find if my face show there at all :P I was at left side, not sure where Jussi2 was...(hopefully not lost :blink: ).

Anyone ordered those group photos yet?

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

After looking at all the fantastic photos that have been posted by you guys, they knock spots off the official ones and are free to print out as well! Sorry Mr. Parfitt but I think I'll pass...

Thats fine, but don't expect any official photo's next time, which means none of your cars on the track, at the factory etc. :blink:

Ingrates.

Of course I'm sure Tesco's will come and spend the full day taking shots aswell for that price!

Thats fine, but don't expect any official photo's next time, which means none of your cars on the track, at the factory etc. :D

Ingrates.

Cheer up Kimbers, we ain't all grumpy old sods :P I had a good peruse last week and came up with a list of photo numbers as long as my arm, so I chose a set of three 'ego shots' (one of the car on track, on of me in a group in the factory, and one of the group photos with me in it somewhere) in the large size to see how they come out. I have a nasty feeling they'll come out gorgeous and I'll just have to buy the rest of them :blink:

Dan.

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Cheer up Kimbers, we ain't all grumpy old sods :D I had a good peruse last week and came up with a list of photo numbers as long as my arm, so I chose a set of three 'ego shots' (one of the car on track, on of me in a group in the factory, and one of the group photos with me in it somewhere) in the large size to see how they come out. I have a nasty feeling they'll come out gorgeous and I'll just have to buy the rest of them :P

Dan.

Yeah, Kimbo ,

We will all get round to ordering in due course !! :blink::D:P

Mike

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661