free hit
counters
Need more Roarrrrr! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Need more Roarrrrr!

For more info

http://larinisystems.com/collection/lotus/evora/larini-sports-exhaust-catalyst

Details:-

SUPERIOR SOUND

Improved Low Level Tone

Amplified Mid-Range Note

Sharper, Crisper, Sound Across The Rev Range

Volume Increases With Revs

Does Not Resonate Or Drone

Practical For Regular Use

THE DIFFERENCE

Metallic Internal Cat 'Cores' (Larini Metalith)

Parabolic Megaphone Inlet Cone

Reversion Pulse Outlet Cone

200 Cells Per Square Inch For Enhanced Flow Rates

LEADING GAINS

+ Noticeable Bhp Gain Typically

+ Low/Mid-Range Torque

Sharper Throttle Response

Significant Weight Reduction> Benefiting Handling & Braking

Controlled Temperatures> Aiding Performance Efficiency

Modulated Back Pressure Levels> Assisting Engine Performance

Vastly Freer Flowing than OE

If it does half of this then worth every penny!

Cheers,

Brij ;-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@@Frimley111R - I think you have a My 12 or My 13? So you have one cat less already. As far as I know : the decat pipe is for the pre My 12 cars with 3 cats

Agree with this. I was told that the 3rd Cat was only in place on launch as it was a global car and they needed it for other markets.. Not needed in the UK!

2012 onwards there not fitted. There are two Larini pipes available, one for the NA and one for the S... Given you have a newer car you've already got the fruitier noise ;-)

Waited a year before my first upgrade/mod! Mines booked in at B & C next Wednesday :-D Cant wait to hear it...

Ive got the normal headers inc pre cats, but a tubular down pipe and valved exhaust on my 2010 n/a. There is very little drone but is quite loud on bypass. As my car didnt have the switchable exhaust from new I did some fettling with a bmw part off ebay and linked it into my heated rear window (for ease). So now my heated rear window button makes it louder, it also lets me run sport mode without it oppening the exhaust flap. I would recomend the exhaust to anybody, not sure about track dB limits though to be honest.

If your going to the brookland meet at easter you are more than welcome to have a look/listen. Oh and you get a nice pop/crackel on over run!

Gav

I heard this on Sunday and I must say it did sound lovely. A nice burble that wasn't too in your face. Being critical, I thought your tailpipe stuck out about an inch too much; but I'm fussy like that. :)

Does anyone have experience of a decat pipe or radium on a na with the standard backbox?

Just trying to work out the best way to get a bit more volume on a budget (but that would be further upgradable in future)

Cdl,

The advice usually seems to be to do your exhaust first... The difference is massive compared to a stock exhaust. Personally think the normal box is far too quite. Sports box transforms the whole cars persona into what it looks like. But that isn't cheap..

If you want more noise then I don't see why the Larini can't be done first.. It's only £149 + VAT + Fitting.

I heard this on Sunday and I must say it did sound lovely. A nice burble that wasn't too in your face. Being critical, I thought your tailpipe stuck out about an inch too much; but I'm fussy like that. :)

Cheers. The tail pipe is  separate piece and I believe was the first one jim did using that section, im sure he could do it shallower if required. Sometimes I look and think it sticks out a little too far and other times it seems ok, but the noise......I luv.

Does anyone have experience of a decat pipe or radium on a na with the standard backbox?

Just trying to work out the best way to get a bit more volume on a budget (but that would be further upgradable in future)

Yes - sounds great - the radium makes a great noise. I had mine with the cat replacement pipe on the stock back box.

The CAI dominates the soundscape - quiet cruising and pottering, screaming banshee under load at revs.

Thanks guys, it is definitely tempting. How does the noise level with these mods compare to track noise limits? Im not going to be doing loads of trackdays, but want to do one or two to see what the evora is like on track.

Also, who supplies the radium kits in the uk?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I am ordering the Plack one. Its only £400 and I can keep the std silencer for any TDs I do. It is a bit ASBO loud but if its too loud I've only spent £400 and not the near £1000 with other systems. Its quite amazing how much weight/exhaust it removes. Its something like 40lbs (which I shall curse when i take it off!).

The plack one is just a bit of straight pipe, you would have to be crackers to pay that and go to the effort of importing one. Any half competent exhaust maker in the UK could knock the exact same thing up for a fraction of the price.

I have not heard one in person but I personally wouldnt go that route with no back box atall. I have a 2ubular on mine which is plenty loud enough, any louder and I would be too embarrased to take it out at night for fear of waking everybody up in a mile radius.

If you want a better noise get a raidum, its MUCH louder in the car after fitting one.

Edited by Ryanmt

The plack one is just a bit of straight pipe, you would have to be crackers to pay that and go to the effort of importing one. Any half competent exhaust maker in the UK could knock the exact same thing up for a fraction of the price.

+++++1

There was a chap on SELOC, can't remember his name, Baldy something that had one made up similar for ~£70.

http://torquetechnique.co.uk/

Mick there (aka Grumpy) isn't too far away is he? I've used them in the past for a couple of Esprit exhausts... :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You could try sellman on here - I recently bought some spare trim off him and he had one of these before he bought his car, but seemed quite happy with the sports exhaust and Decat he had. He might be up for an offer.

Me, this, complete with decat pipe, is supposed to be in the post tomorrow, from north of the border........ :thumbsup:

2bular2014080.jpg

2bular2014082.jpg

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

2bular? Nice :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yep, Jim finished it yesterday. Might be able to make some noise now!

The challenge is getting it on before Newlands Corner on Sunday (I suspect I'll fail unless it gets here very early Saturday).

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Right! First attempt with a copy of the Plack exhaust. The car sounds awesome, like a dragster at idle. At full revs its like an F1 car (not from this year).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_LerdS_C4

Honestly though for me its a little too loud. I was supposed to be on a hoon yesterday but I couldn't bring myself to start the car up at 6.15am on a Sunday morning in a deathly calm and sleeping residential road. Also I use my car most days and its a bit much for everyday usage. I don't think I am hardcore enough tbh!

The car generates enough attention as it is and this pretty much doubles that attention. If I used the car less frequently/for weekends then I'd keep it but for me at least, its a little too much for the amount of use I give it.

Edited by Frimley111R

Fruity! :D

Evora NA

Ross, I have my 2bular installed now - it's the 6inch box with decat, so the louder of Jim's creations. More than happy to arrange a "hearing" if you like.

Right! First attempt with a copy of the Plack exhaust. The car sounds awesome, like a dragster at idle. At full revs its like an F1 car (not from this year).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq_LerdS_C4

Honestly though for me its a little too loud. I was supposed to be on a hoon yesterday but I couldn't bring myself to start the car up at 6.15am on a Sunday morning in a deathly calm and sleeping residential road. Also I use my car most days and its a bit much for everyday usage. I don't think I am hardcore enough tbh!

The car generates enough attention as it is and this pretty much doubles that attention. If I used the car less frequently/for weekends then I'd keep it but for me at least, its a little too much for the amount of use I give it.

I agree, fits much better to Oklahoma than Europe. Always having to restrain myself just not to wake the whole town wouldn't be for me either.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!