free hit
counters
EUROPA DISASTER - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

EUROPA DISASTER

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of it sensible, such as twin link rear suspension that doesn't put the top load on the casings of the transaxle, although not sure why the engineered a solution when there's one off-the-shelf from Banks. Fiddling with the width etc seems odd, that alters the car styling and so it's more of a custom car than a Lotus Europa.

Seen this last year

I'm normally the first to keep originality... however on this instance, I think its brilliant.

The owner via another forum, has announced that the car is about to be ready on the road!

Looks awesome to me

Looks like a tart's boudoir. It's what that segment of the US car scene does....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Wonder what the cost of the project was? That was a crazy amount of work.

If they lost the Porsche 993 headlamps and replaced the maxpower wheels with some Type 47 knock-offs, it could look quite smart.

Also after all that work, why didn't we see the car driving?

Amazed they found the space to make the seats 2 inches wider, from what I remember of my old Europa the centre tunnel was on one side & the door sill on t'other & the seat filled the whole of the available space??

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

I understand the whole originality thing but I think that's a stunning car and in the end its all about what YOU want from YOUR car.

I would have totally disagreed with doing that if it had been a special of some kind.... owned by one of the F1 drivers or a Chapman car etc but as it stands I like it a lot.

Lets face it. If Colin Chapman had the car and he had the option of dropping an Elise engine into it, he wouldn't have given it a second thought.